cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rate pantsnet

rikmoncur
Grafter

rate pantsnet

Why not pop along to adslguide and rate pantsnet (oops - did I mean plusnet?) and do give them the massive thumbs-down they deserve. Maybe then they'll show face in this forum with some answers?

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/isprate.asp
12 REPLIES
Jim
Grafter

RE: rate pantsnet

No complaints here, a big thumbs up.

settings RWIN 14180 MTU 1430

Downstream 456 Kbps (57.0 KB/sec) 524 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 219 Kbps (27.4 KB/sec) 251 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Downstream 467 Kbps (58.4 KB/sec) 537 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 241 Kbps (30.1 KB/sec) 277 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Downstream 467 Kbps (58.4 KB/sec) 537 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 243 Kbps (30.4 KB/sec) 279 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Downstream 459 Kbps (57.4 KB/sec) 527 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 246 Kbps (30.8 KB/sec) 282 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Downstream 473 Kbps (59.1 KB/sec) 543 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 237 Kbps (29.6 KB/sec) 272 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Downstream 468 Kbps (58.5 KB/sec) 538 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 246 Kbps (30.8 KB/sec) 282 Kbps (inc. overheads)

this last one is from plusnets own speed tester, if only Smiley

Your current bandwidth reading is: 81.92 Mbps
which means you can download at 10.24 MB/sec. from our servers
elton
Grafter

> Why not pop along to adslguide and rate pantsnet (oops - did I mean plusnet?) and do give them the massive thumbs-down they deserve. Maybe then they'll show face in this forum with some answers?
>
> http://www.adslguide.org.uk/isprate.asp

Rik, haven't you cottoned on by now that people generally only write to complain about PlusNet on this forum. Most of us are more than happy with the service, and spend more time actually using it than griping about it. If you want to start a public campaign against PlusNet I doubt you'd get much support. I realise some PlusNet users have problems, but so do a few new car buyers. The difference is, car dealers don't let you scrawl a complaint on the wall of the showroom, and allow you stand there for hours ranting about it on the forecourt.
--
Skonko!
rikmoncur
Grafter

then why don't you pop along and give them a good rating? I'm certainly not and neither are many others.
You seem to think that since your ok then everyone else should put-up and shut-up?
elton
Grafter

> then why don't you pop along and give them a good rating? I'm certainly not and neither are many others.
> You seem to think that since your ok then everyone else should put-up and shut-up?

Whatever you see in terms of ISP ratings on ADSLGuide or wherever, mean absolutely nothing.
To have meaning and validity, the ratings would have to be derived from the opinions of a statistically significant random sample. Which they are not.

The ISPs' know this. They might not like what they see published, but they know that most of their custom is derived from word-of-mouth recommendations and price/feature comparisons in the context of general consumer naivety.

--
Skonko!
rikmoncur
Grafter

whatever... I'm still getting slow speeds. I've tried the settings in the post above and it didn't improve anything.
what's a skonko? Sounds like a lizard?
elton
Grafter

> whatever... I'm still getting slow speeds. I've tried the settings in the post above and it didn't improve anything.
> what's a skonko? Sounds like a lizard?
>

Sorry to hear you're still having problems with your bandwidth. I noticed that quite a few people are complaining.
Skonko is a word I read in a comic. It isn't in any dictionary I've ever seen. I don't know what it means, I just like how it sounds.

--
Skonko!
rikmoncur
Grafter

Bride's nightie

dunno what's going on here - speed's up and down all over the place.
Saw this on another forum here: "We will shortly be performing an upgrade to our ADSL platform which we believe will resolve many of the speed problems being reported by some customers, an announcement on this is due tomorrow." (tuesday)

Did a search for 'skonko' on google - only returned 2 results but it seems a very popular word in Poland! :-)
N/A

Whinge whinge whine whine moan.... I know six people who use PlusNet who are all more than happy with the service, including me. I suggest you sort your kit out!

rikmoncur
Grafter

There's nothing wrong with my kit.
Support has said "We are looking into speed problems at our end which are affecting a portion of our customers" - get that? A *portion* of their customers - obviously not you.
Again, you're one of those who think that because they've got an ok service no-one else should complain and if they do then they're a moaner!
N/A

Trouble is.... complaining in this way just puts people off using the service when in fact the vast majority are satisfied. I question whether PlusNet are doing themselves any favours at all by allowing "technical" problems like this to be aired in public. All it does is create a bad taste!
N/A

> Trouble is.... complaining in this way just puts people off using the service when in fact the vast majority are satisfied. I question whether PlusNet are doing themselves any favours at all by allowing "technical" problems like this to be aired in public. All it does is create a bad taste!
>

Not at all this is a forum for people to express their views. If Rik has a problem then he should be able to air it here. If you think your getting good service then you express it here. Surely thats what forums are all about.

I've no problem with Plusnet and personally think they are doing a good job, my opinion.

Cliff

N/A

Yeah... my service is fine too, but the trouble with forums is that they often give the impression that everything is pants when it ain't!! Anyway, I apologise unreservedly for my previous comment because PlusNet have found the cause of the problem for the unfortunate few.