Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rDNS

dedwyddfa
Grafter

rDNS

Hi all,

I use to be able to do ping username.plus.com a few weeks ago, and it use to resolve my ip address. However, recently this is not possible. Any ideas?

Regards Ray
6 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

rDNS

Are you using Broadband Plus?

BB+ is sold as a dynamic IP product without an rDNS, however only recently did PN start strictly inforcing supplying a different IP and no rDNS on every connect.
dedwyddfa
Grafter

rDNS

Yes I am on BB+. Any ideas why they have done this? Can I ask them to turn this back on, as it is something I do use alot.

Regards Ray
dedwyddfa
Grafter

rDNS

Sorry to include this in my earlier post. Where can I learn more about this information?

Regards Ray
N/A

rDNS

This information is avilable in the product description.

It is not possible for PlusNet to switch this back on. You would need to move to the Premier ot PAYG product types for this.

Prior to last week, it fully dynamic IPs had not been in operation. As such, many Plus customers had been operating with static IPs. This situation has now been corrected.

I would suggest getting an account at one of the many free providers, that offer dynamic hostnames. A small client application that sits in the system tray, will update the IP address this hostname points to.

I am sure somebody will come along and suggest a good provider for this. I don't use any, so have not got one to hand,
N/A

rDNS

N/A

rDNS

Just FYI, this is Not rDNS. rDNS (reverse DNS) resolves IP address to hostname, DNS (Domain Name Service/System) resolves hostname to IP address.