cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

" Your new speed is: 2Mb "

N/A

Great news! Your broadband account speed has been successfully upgraded for free, at no extra cost per month.

Your new speed is: 2Mb

great news indeed...........only trouble is i'm only getting 1Mb speeds.

I've rebbooted my binatone modem and still no joy .
any ideas Huh?
13 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Wierd My initail reaction would be that PN are throttling you, but if they have sent the e-mail that shouldn't be the case. Are you defininatley syncing at 2MB?
N/A

no7olivier..........yes my modem is syncing at 2mb or so it tells me !
Community Veteran

o.k. I wouldn't have thought it would be this but it's worth a try, if you ring CS (number at bottom of page) and tell them you are definately syncing at 2MB and think you are being throttled if this is the case they will flick a switch at which point you will need to reboot your modem and you will be on 2MB.
N/A

no7olivier..........many thanks for the reply........called cs but they must be busy cause i waited 15 mins and had to suffer wet wet wet twice ........more than i could bear !.........will try later.
tom
Community Veteran

Poor you, I'm going to suggest better hold music - maybe even the frog :lol:
N/A

no !! not the frog.........

raised a ticket and got this reply 30 mins later:

" Thankyou for your enquiry, you are being provided with the 2MB service and no throtle is being applied.

If you try again to power down your equipment for 15 mins then recoonect then you should be able to receive your new speed. "

alas.....this is not the case.......still om 1mb, which is twice as fast as before the upgrade, but not 2mb.

what next?
Community Veteran

Ring up bear the music and nag. I have suggested better hold music Dave says it would mean changing the CD - lazy or what!
dragona
Grafter

lol CS wouldnt get any phone calls if they put that frog on Tongue
craigbrass
Grafter

Customer Service music is chosen in a precise way these days in most companies. It has to be :-
1. Calming - so you don't shout and swear at them when you get on to a representative.
2. Not Irritating - so you don't complain to the representative about the music being so.

Hec, they prolly have sombody doing this all the time *winks*
N/A

Good morning,.......and a fine day it is here, if not a bit windy.

After a wonderful night of music in Glasgow with the leagendary Terry Reid,
I switched on my computer to find my speed has gone up to 1280kb---wow a 200kb improvement----- at this rate I should be getting 2mg by the end of the week,.
so, do i leave it ? or risk wet wet wet again ?

sunday is too good a day to be filling it with computer headache.
N/A

Craig - I find regardless of what call waiting music is playing the only purpose it serves is to drive my blood pressure up while I'm hold... with the result that the poor sod on the other end gets one very frustrated customer Wink
Community Veteran

Customer Service music is chosen in a precise way these days in most companies. It has to be :-
1. Calming - so you don't shout and swear at them when you get on to a representative.
2. Not Irritating - so you don't complain to the representative about the music being so.

Hec, they prolly have sombody doing this all the time *winks*

So if we compain to the CS bod will the music change as the current music is irritating? :lol:
N/A

There has recently been a article in the state's mentioning poor choice of music:-

The tune: Manic Street Preachers: Suicide is Painless...

The buisness: A shrink...

Hm. Not the best choice me thinks.