cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Bonded" ADSL

LiamM
Grafter

"Bonded" ADSL

Does anyone have any experience of this?

For example, two (or more) lines, each with ADSL 'bonded' together to appear as a single connection.

Perfect for where there is no SDSL availability, and the monthly pricing will be cheaper also. Especially good when the faster uploads come into play.

I see nildram offer Bonded ADSL services... does anyone know how this is done? Is it something Plusnet need to support, or is it just case of getting a special router that will combine the connections?

Just some thoughts please... Any comments appreciated!

Thanks,

Liam
5 REPLIES
N/A

"Bonded" ADSL

Liam,

One of our clients has a bonded ADSL setup with Nilly using Netopia hardware.

Expensive enough but they are beyond the reach of SDSL and had little option.

The main advantage for them is upload speed and VPN connectivity for outworkers.

The Nilly connection and bonded setup is not part of our SLA, but we do get to play with it at times.

Sweet.
LiamM
Grafter

"Bonded" ADSL

:? Shockedops:
N/A

"Bonded" ADSL

Hello we use the neteye 800 at work got one also at a remote site wiltha VPN between the sites. all one big happy network.

http://www.xrio.co.uk/product-c800.asp
N/A

"Bonded" ADSL

What i would like to know if PN plan on bring out a range of products from 256k and upwards to 2MB with bonding in mind at a good price.
N/A

Re: "Bonded" ADSL

I see nildram offer Bonded ADSL services... does anyone know how this is done? Is it something Plusnet need to support, or is it just case of getting a special router that will combine the connections?

The ISP must support it. Plus Net don't. You also need a router which will cope with the bonded connection. You can either build one out of an old PC running Linux or spend a few hundred quid on a dedicted router.