cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question regarding sky

N/A

question regarding sky

I have sky installed and have to keep my phone line from them connected 24/7. This is on its own plugged into socket in my room. Will this work with dsl connect 150 when i receive it. Will I need to put a splitter on it? I also have a socket on the wall in my hall which has a two way adaptor for my cordless phone and an extension reel for my current modem which I presume I take out the 56k modem line in extension and replace with usb modem line when i go to dsl. Please can you give me some help here as i do not have anyone I can ask about broadband features.

Thank you very much. Smiley
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

question regarding sky

All telephone equipement needs to be kept seperate from the DSL part of your line so will need a filter.
Have a look at the tutorial on filters and wiring.
N/A

question regarding sky

Thank you very much for prompt reply.
So I will need one filter on my sky line and one on my telepone line is that right? I have read other peoples' questions on this site and gained some insight ready for when I can get connected. :?
N/A

question regarding sky

The ONLY thing you can plug directly into your standard wall sockets will be your ADSL modem. This requires the full signal which includes the frequencies onto which the data is multiplexed.

ANY other equipment (Sky, handsets, fax machines, old 56K modems etc) must come out of the "phone" half of a filter. This phone half has the data frequencies filtered out, leaving just the speech frequencies behind. If you don't do this, you'll be able to hear lots of nasty noise on the line and your phone will disturb your ADSL connection.

HTH
Community Veteran

question regarding sky

I have put alink for the tutorial now on my post above.
Just click on that link and it will take you to the page.
This should help to explain things for you.
N/A

question regarding sky

Thank you so very much. That is a very helpful site. I never knew about it before. The information here is so much better than on adsl site which was the only one I knew about before for adsl help. Cheesy
Community Veteran

question regarding sky

That is a very helpful site.

It's not another site, it's the tutorials & FAQs forum on this message board.