Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

python-forum.org

megadyptes
Dabbler

python-forum.org

Folks,

I'm having difficulty connecting to python-forum.org and am trying to figure out where the problem lies. The website is active, so it's not a case of their server being down. And I can access it from PC's using a different ISP.

I can get it to connect if I change my routers DNS setting from 'automatically get from ISP' and manually put in a public DNS server, so I think the problem lies with the Plusnet DNS - but my techie knowledge is a bit lacking, so this may be incorrect.

Does anyone else have this problem?
4 REPLIES
N/A

python-forum.org

I cant ping it 64.157.176.245 nore can i get the webpage up and I am using opendns for dns. It resolves the ip to 64.157.176.245 so its not a dns issue.
Community Veteran

python-forum.org

It is not responding to any requests on port 80 so it looks like the webserver it is on is having problems or the website is down.
megadyptes
Dabbler

python-forum.org

Weird.

I don't think it's a problem with their site as adding the following to my hosts file allows me to get to the site, so their server certainly isn't down:
64.157.176.245    www.python-forum.org

If I remove that from the hosts file then ping www.python-forum.org just reports an unknown host whereas ping 64.157.176.245 results in the usual stats. To my limited understanding of things, doesn't that mean it's failing to resove the address somewhere - so that suggest the nameservers, yes?

I could be talking rubbish, mind.
Community Veteran

python-forum.org

Hi

I have one of PN's DNS as my prefered servers, with one of the OpenDNS servers as a fail over.
If I try to open "www.python-forum.org", after some time I get "Could not connect to remote server", where I would expect to see the default OpenDNS error page instead!

So I tried it using a web proxy and found the site opened fine.
Therefore I can only assume it is something regarding the IP range that we use being blocked by them.

Try this link using a proxy > http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/http://www.python-forum.org/

*EDIT* Regarding the IP range;
I am on the 212.159.xxx.xxx range.