cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with connection in one room

N/A

I seem to be having problem getting the line to sync in only one room.

The room it works in, has a filter built in to the socket.

The room it does not work in, has a splitter fitted.

BT have said there are no problems with the line and Plusnet have advised us that there are no problems with the account.

Any ideas?

ps. I have a winXP OS and a Binatone ADSL modem. I used the same machine in both rooms. (obviously not at the same time Wink )
6 REPLIES
N/A

Hi,

Have you tried another splitter in this room to rule out the possibility of the splitter being faulty?
N/A

yeah, tried a new splitter an old one and a different modem Sad
LiamM
Grafter

Perhaps wiring problem to that extention in the house? Do you know what Line Attenuation figures you get when your normally connected?
N/A

Hi,

If the problem is with your internal BT wiring you would need to speak to BT on 150 to report this.
Community Veteran

From the sound of it your main phone socket is one of the new type with a built in filter / Splitter.
This means that ALL other sockets off this are on the filtered phone site of the built in filter /splitter and will NOT allow the ADSL signal through.

This is done so that any extension sockets no longer need seperate filters.
N/A

As John could back me up on...

When you have an 'old style' ADSL connection, eg an engineer came round, and changed the front of your master socket, it meant you had to get the broadband from your master socket.

This means that any telephone sockets you have are already filtered and you won't be able to get the ADSL though.

Craig