cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem with the ADSL line checker

N/A

problem with the ADSL line checker

A quick question....

I have selected to upgrade to ADSL Home and checked the order staus today (placed yesterday). The current status is...

"Our initial checks have highlighted some details that have prevented us from ordering ADSL on your telephone line.

11/02/2003 22:19
There was a problem with the ADSL line checker when submitting your details. (our ref: 0210)"

The ticket number is 6285853.

I spoke to Simon on the helpdesk who said he'd put the check in again as he said something about BT equipment used to do the checks may not be working?

Question....

Does this mean I may still be OK to get ADSL on my line after another check is done? why did the initial check fail?

I know for sure there are several other people in my village who have ADSL via BT OpenWorld OK. The line I am asking to be upgraded is good quality and I regularly get 50Kbps using the dial-up service so assume noise levels are low(ish). I believe I am under the 5.5km limit.

Any clarification would be good....thanks.

Kevin

4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

RE: problem with the ADSL line checker

If your line is good, you are under the 5.5km limit and your exchange is ADSL enabled the chances are you will have no problems.

If your phone line is DACS'd or you have ISDN though this is probably why it didnt work first time.

Good luck.

Chris
Brickinit
Grafter

hi kevin
mine didn't go through first time it said that it might be that i had call minder or other products from BT that were causing an issue. Plusnet reapplied to BT for me and it went through no problems

malc

N/A

I had the same too. But when I challenged PlusNet, they said that there was a script error when they submitted my line check the first time. That is, the script put my STD code in twice before my number. After re-submission it was cleared and tonight I have my ADSL connection. That's just 4 working days - pretty good aye!

If others in your village have broadband, then so can you.

Adam
N/A

> I had the same too. But when I challenged PlusNet, they said that there was a script error when they submitted my line check the first time. That is, the script put my STD code in twice before my number. <snip>

Thanks to all.

Seems that the closed tickets in my queue show that I suffered the same problem and the STD code was entered twice into the phone number string. One of the provision team has corrected the fault and I believe resubmitted the check. Sounds like a common(ish) problem.....

Kevin