cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

probably a dumb question...

N/A

i'm a bit puzzled by the slow web browsing i'm experiencing and speed test results i'm getting.

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
IP profile for your line is - 7150 kbps
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 8128 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 1863 kbps

if the maximum possible throughput on the line is 7.15mbps why do i get less than 2mbps?

i'm connecting through a linksys wireless router using a decent laptop. the exchange is less than a 1km away at canonbury in central london.

it's been bad for a while and i ended up changing from BB+ to PAYG but there's been little or no improvement.

appreciate any pointers but maybe i need to raise another ticket.

cheers.
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Connection settings -> High speed broadband icon ... What does it say?

If its 2000 raise a ticket as PNs systems have not been updated from the BT profile on your line. If it says 7000 then its going to be difficult to determine what might be causing it. If its something else what is it?

If the low speeds are consistent throughout the day and if possible run a test after midnight, then raise a ticket to get it investigated.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Looks like a pretty simple one, the profile hadn't updated on our side. I've sorted this now and you should be getting better results on a speed test, after a reboot of course.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Community Veteran

Hi Chris,

While the fix may be simple, the fact that yet anther max line has not had its profile set properly at PNs end still suggests there are problems with either receiving the profiles or acting on them.

Can you raise an internal problem to investigate why in this case the profile was not updated or say if this kind of thing is still being investigated. Max has been around long enough now that this kind of problem should not be occurring.
N/A

appreciate your help, it is now resolved:

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
IP profile for your line is - 7150 kbps
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 8128 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 6416 kbps
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

I agree that this should be picked up automatically, I have raised this internally to get a list of examples for a problem to be investigated.

Good to hear that its working now for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team