cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pppoE -> pppoA how to on XP

N/A

could anybody suggest a method to change the default setting from pppoE to pppoA on an XP home system.
the modem is the A360 supplied by plus.net. it's software is not installing properly (i think) because the wip tech does not install. i can't install dialup connection manually either as it only gives me the pppoE option once installed.
would welcome any pointers on how to get this to work or where else to get help.

thanks.
5 REPLIES
N/A

I may not be able to help here but when i was on AOL Broadband i used PPPoE but when i made the switch and went with plusnet they used PPPoA. how i changed this was through the actually software i was installing for the adsl modem, it gave me the choices between one or the other, i could not connect when i was on pppoE.

Thanks Wink
N/A

Windows XP itself does not support PPPoA, and as such,y ou can't siwtch to this using the nromal XP setup.

The PPPoA option, should be available from the software provided with the modem.
N/A

Just as i said acarr, so we did help in a way. Smiley
N/A

oa -> ?

thanks for the replies.

while installing the modem software it gives me the option to chose pppoa - but then it doesn't install properly (so it seems) as the wip tech icon does not appear in the dial up connections (which would normally appear when installed under win2K etc).

i've tried installing a different modem (which would normally also support pppoa) and same situation occurred - i.e. the only available connection at the end of the installation was pppoe.

any other thoughts would be welcome.
N/A

Windows XP is not Windows 2000, as such, in all probability, the installation instructions are not the same.

Because you see one thing in Windows 2000, it does not mean things will be the same in Windows XP.

I sugest locating and following the installation instructions that come with the modem. If you have lost them, they are usualy available for download from the net.