cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet?!?!

N/A

plusnet?!?!

Hiya everyone

After 18months of crap plusnet customer service, I'm leavin! WOOHOO.

Constant disconnects, VERY SLOW download speeds - even though WELL below limits. Cannot even open web pages!!!

I've been connected for over 4 hours but could not download, browse or play online. yet plusnet sed it was my problem!!!?!!! NOOBS!!

After 4yrs, I'm now leavin this failin company.
9 REPLIES
Firejack
Grafter

plusnet?!?!

For the best you are leaving. Checking the forums tonight you appears to of done yourself no favors. Yelling and making all kinds of accusations and insults.
These are Discussion forums. By all means come on and discuss the problems we are all facing. But don't go on a meaningless rant.
All you have achieved tonight is losing all credibility on these forums.
psk10
Grafter

If you must then good bye

I dont think you can call Plusnet a failing company have a look ,
www.activehome.co.uk/computeractive/news/2170850/entries/isp-top-five

have a good Christmas ,which ever ISP you choose.
GersFans
Grafter

Re: If you must then good bye

Epitiro offers a range of services to Internet Service Providers (ISPs) enabling them to benchmark customer performance across dial up, cable, broadband and wireless connections.

Yea, and they sound unbias...
Community Veteran

plusnet?!?!

@japsayeknight

Hi there.

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems and have requested your MAC.

On the last couple of occasions that you have reported a fault, it would appear that you have had line / synch issues. However, on each of these occasions you have failed to complete the tests that we and BT require and asked for.

We are more than happy to work with you to attempt to resolve these problems. We would much rather you had a working connection and an enjoyable experience, however if you dont complete the tests or work with us towards a resolution, then the ability to diagnose and resolve your problems becomes extremely diluted.

The nature of the issues which you have experienced will move with you to another ISP and they will ask for the same information that we have - if reported to them. If there is an internal or external fault, then work with us and we will get this resolved.

We will be happy to look into this further for you and reach a resolution, although you seem to have had a very constant and stable connection today. If the difficulty persists, let us know and we'll get to work, together, towards a successful resolution.
shellsong
Grafter

Re: If you must then good bye

Pipex and Plusnet have joined BT, Demon and Virgin as the best-ranked providers in terms of overall technical performance.

Have a look where they all figure at http://www.dslzoneuk.net/isp_ratings.php and you'll find a very different story-- all except Virgin are in an unholy huddle just below NTL and Sky one third of the way from the bottom of the ratings while the sacrificial Virgin is one from the bottom!

Since they are the creme de la creme of the nine largest ISPs I hate to think what the other four are like!
N/A

plusnet?!?!

I'm leaving too as a result of customer service. This is despite carrying out all the requests asked of me and in my experience its plusnet that failed to answer my requests.

For the privilege I have had to pay for 2 months despite having no service for 6 weeks. Plus the £47 deffered payment. But you know what its a small price to pay to see the back of the service Wink
N/A

plusnet?!?!

Good.

Hope more people realise the dire service they are giving.

I was ranting and raving but can you expect me not to? They wouldnt do anything to solve my problem.

Even after raising their so-called excellent TICKETING service.

Raised it several times and got a response saying "Test incomplete, couldny complete line test". Of course they couldnt. My line wasnt stable long enough to complete the test!!

But thankfully I am now rid of plusnet and with Demon. Since the move, I have never had any disconnects, loss of sync, browsing problems, gaming lag, download probs.

Just sell your company to BT. They might be able to figure out your problems
N/A

plusnet?!?!

Wierd how I am now with tiscali and they had no problem getting my dsl working without me needing to do anything.

I had been thinking it was a fault at my house after plusnet advised me it was all ok their side. 6 weeks of banging my head against a brick wall to get no solution and a few days with tiscali on the case and I'm now online :roll:
N/A

plusnet?!?!

Nice Chesney.

Looks like it was +net all along?

But they wont admit it. wot a set of NOOBS