cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet dubious support claims

N/A

plusnet dubious support claims

Hi,

I currently have a problem with my DSL connection, in that it's been down since yesterday morning.

I'm not in the country at present but I've had someone around to conduct all the tests. As a result I've had to time my phone calls to Plusnet so I don't get hammered at $1 a minute for too long.

I've been using the claimed support line statistics as a guide for when to call. I had a friend call yesterday, who was cut off after 40 minutes of waiting.

Um, at that time, the support site claimed <10 minutes wait time for the longest waiting caller.

Then when I called later, it said 0 calls in the queue on the website. I was then told that I had a 30 minute delay, and then, um, the phone was immediately answered.

I had someone run the requested tests (even though the original support rep that I called said that it was coming up as a port failure, but, I know, we have to humour BT). And left the router off for 60 minutes.

I then reposted the problem into the support forum (as the rep suggest it might be an easier means of attaining a response), which has a claimed 48 minute to first response. That was at, um, 17:43. It's now, 10:23. My ticket number is 4995565 for anyone who cares to sort it out.

Plusnet claims to be open with the userbase by publishing all the figures. What the HELL use is that when the figures are plain lies? Misinformation is worse than no information at all!

Best regards,

John
1 REPLY
N/A

RE: plusnet dubious support claims

> I then reposted the problem into the support forum (as the rep suggest it might be an easier means of attaining a response), which has a claimed 48 minute to first response. That was at, um, 17:43. It's now, 10:23. My ticket number is 4995565 for anyone who cares to sort it out.
>
> Plusnet claims to be open with the userbase by publishing all the figures. What the HELL use is that when the figures are plain lies? Misinformation is worse than no information at all!

Indeed, what use is the average response time? In fact, by measuring this, it will just encourage support staff to quickly close those problems that have a quick answer and thus reduce the average. I had a real problem (constant dropping connection) which I logged via the Web. Their average response time listed currently is 1hr 42mins. Well mine took 26hrs 42mins before it was even ASSIGNED to somebody! It was then another couple of hours before I was e-mailed to say there was some sort of comment on my query. This turned out to be a text file with a list of questions which I had to download, answer and then return. So why not just e-mail it to me in the first place? - after all, my problem had to do with connection difficulties, so the last thing I want to do is start downloading files manually. And then it turns out that half the questions in the file are ones I had already given the answer to, but no recognition of this by their support team.

By this time, I'd figured out what the problem probably was and had got it working again. So much for their support.
--