plus net I.P

N/A

plus net I.P

I am removing all my posts
18 REPLIES
N/A

plus net I.P

Hi,

What account does your Account Summary page say you're on? And have you changed package recently?
N/A

plus net I.P

madmalc
Grafter

Static IP address

N/A

plus net I.P

Hi,

Broadband Plus was always sold as coming with a dynamic IP address. However, the previous implementation of this meant that the IP was sometimes static. On 10th August, 2005 PlusNet changed this so customers received truely dynamic IPs.

See the Service Status post for more details.

If you require a static IP address, I would suggest upgrading to the Broadband Premier package.
N/A

plus net I.P

madmalc
Grafter

I like the static ip address

N/A

plus net I.P

If you signed up for the Plus product it either said Dynamic IP, or it didn't mention the type of IP at all (whereas other packages clearly state Static IP). Afraid I can't remember better than that!

I can't see PlusNet changing this really - for one thing the people that signed up to Broadband Plus for the dynamic IP wouldn't be too happy.
N/A

plus net I.P

madmalc
Grafter

My friends

N/A

plus net I.P

The Premier package (£21.99) offers a static IP, along with a few other features not include with Broadband Plus. Alternatively, if a static IP is important to you, it might be worth looking at the DynDNS (or similar) service. With that you're given a hostname, and every time you run the DynDNS client it changes the hostname to point to your current IP address.
N/A

plus net I.P

madmalc
Grafter

NO-IP

N/A

plus net I.P

That depends - if people usually connect directly to your server via the IP address then it might cause problems, but if they use the server browser then it doesn't make a difference.

If they're using the direct-connect method, I'd suggest running the DynDNS app and giving out the hostname. Then all they have to do is enter "username.dyndns.org" instead of the IP and it will always connect to the right address.
N/A

plus net I.P