cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please lie and tell me what i want to hear :)

N/A

I'm waiting with no patience at all for my upgrade to 2mbs, it said 5 - 7 days so i recon it wil be ready exactly 5 days after that email, and i am checking Cheesy

please tell me it will be even if you know it is a blatent lie i need to read it man :?

am i going to get around the 235KBS mark when it starts then as my mate at nildram gets this and i dont want him rubbing my nose in any unpleasant stuff do i .....
4 REPLIES
lowry
Grafter

Hi there,
The regrade to 2MB should take 7 days if all goes well but it is very unlikely that it will be any sooner than that. You should obtain speeds of 230-240kb/sec with a 2MB line, however remember it is a 50:1 product (20:1 at the present time because it is based on IPStream Office 2000 20:1 until IPStream Home 2000 50:1 comes along), and if there is VP capacity issues at your exchange your connection may slow down occassionally.

I hope all goes well for you!
matt Wink
N/A

i seriously dont expect any capcity issues on the exchange speaking to the Bt team we have shed loads and as a new exchange (i did all the campaigning my self) we should be ok for a while, we are 3 villages with not that large a community in any of them Smiley

can't wait but i wish they had said 10 -12 days then i would have been been dead impressed when it came on 'early' so to speak lol Cheesy
N/A

At one time, BT where saying the Morcombe exchange had shed loads.

That was for the first exchange to see any real issue, and it happened just after go-live.

Don't trust BT engineers who are only in the know on how to get BB running. They don't deal with capacity managment.
N/A

well it wasn't the engineers i spoke to it was the bods at the sharpe end Smiley still as you say we will wait and see but i dont expect any problems really.