cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please help i'm confused

N/A

please help i'm confused

please can some one help me work out the following.

When I orginally signed up for plus net i chose the £21.99/month package wich i was belive was 2mb unlimited.
But now i cannot figure out what i am now on with all these product changes. When i check the usage tool i have 2 usage stats of 8am - midnight and 4pm to midnight and the figures do not add up for example i have a useage of 0kb 0kb but my usage for the day at the mo 14.1kb? i'm taking it that would be from the hours of midnight-7am so is this the only time that i'm not in the peek time usage policy?. This is really starting to make my head hurt.

All i want to know is what is the package i have been transfered onto and what usage limits will i have. As i seem to be moving from an unlimited account to a limited account wich is not what i signed up for. Please some one help me figure this one out.

And yes i know i could phone tech support but the waiting time rediculas as it is always at 35-45 mins wait time.

Thanks in advance for any help

Also having just looked at the packages offered page(http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/) look at what it says under the premier package UNLIMITED DOWNLOADS is this a case of false advertising.
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

please help i'm confused

Given you joining date the product was never advertised as unlimited. You may have been confused by the unlimited email addresses description.

The old VMBU that you are still on shows 2 peak periods separately (and they are actually 8am -> 4pm and 4pm -> midnight, not what you posted) but the total includes a period not shown (midnight -> 8am) whic is the only off-peak time on your current product.

You are actually going to be changed to a new product on your next billing date with a new VMBU and different peak times & allowances. You were sent an email about this change but details can be found here.

Your current limits are shows here.
Your new product limits are shown here.

More details are shown here and here.

Also on http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/ it does not state unlimited downloads, it states no fixed download limits which unfortuneatly is not the same, as all products are subject to SUP and AUP.
N/A

please help i'm confused

so whats the differance from unlimited downloads and no download limits?. Also how come when i quested a 2mg usage when i waiting for my broadband to be moved from one house to another did the tech support guy that it woul'nt affect me as i am on an unlimted use package.
Community Veteran

please help i'm confused

No download limits means there are no caps in place. BUT traffic management is applied and there are amounts over which you may be contacted to reduce it under the acceptable Usage policy.

The CS agent was wrong when they stated you are on an unlimited product.
N/A

please help i'm confused

thank you for helping me understand that but it might be worth wile pointing out to the tech support guys that the package is not unlimited as i work in an office with 10 other people who all use the same package as me and all have been told that it is unlimited. Hence the confusion
Prunesquallor
Dabbler

please help i'm confused

I have the same type of account, and it appears that to get back to the current download limits, I would have to spend £40 a month.

This, in effect, means that Plusnet can no longer supply me with an account that I need at a reasonable price. And while I'm not a casual user, I am not a heavy one either.

This of course makes your wonderful speed increase totally meaningless so far as I am concerned.
willhome
Grafter

please help i'm confused

how much do you use then? 20gb i would count as a heavy user
N/A

please help i'm confused

all i'm goning to say on this matter is now that it has been explaned and made clear and the fact i now have 2 peek time usages at the mo i am looking at another provider for my isp as speed really dont matter to me its the usage cap exp as i have been told it was unlimited when i joined as have a lot of my work mates. But i will say this plus net has been one of the best isps i have ever used.