cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ping and speed issues

robcr
Grafter

ping and speed issues

I have had ADSL 512 for only a couple of weeks now prior to that I was with NTL and had 128K/160K ...when I connect to the internet my ping is low and my speed is good just what you would expect but then it all starts to go down hill my speed slows to less than 56K and my ping goes through the roof which is no good when I am playing games online...I have done checks at www.adslguide.org and www.dslreports.com and both confirm the above.. plusnet have checked my line and found nothing wrong but the issue is still open...has anyone heard of this before or know of a resolution.
5 REPLIES
N/A

ping and speed issues

What connection equipment do you have?
robcr
Grafter

ping and speed issues

I have a Dynamode modem with 2 splitters which were provided as part of the sign up with Plusnet
N/A

ping and speed issues

hmm mine seems to be the same, started off fast but now web pages seem to take significantly longer to load. Ping in games are fine, so is download speed just web surfing can be sluggish, although not aas bad as the 56k :lol:

tried the net optimizer from plusnet but still the same, oh well :?

Paul
N/A

ping and speed issues

There is another thread on the forums about online gaming routed through Layer3, and the layer3 router being slow. Maybe this is your problem and nothing to do with +Net or your setup.
robcr
Grafter

ping and speed issues

Smiley I think I have it solved (no thank's to tech support ) although I am still testing and if I have solved it then it brings up another issue Wink
A little program that was suggested I try to keep an eye on my ping Cool
http://www.pingplotter.com/download.html