cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone line died totally 5 minutes back is this activation?

kwhawell
Grafter

Hi guys! what does it mean if the phone line goes totally dead for about 5 minutes? I am supposed to be activated on friday, but, is it possible that I have already been activated? according to order tracker, there is a tick on the hardware section meaning it has been sent out, but the "activating line" is still flashing indicating it's not done yet, any ideas guys?
8 REPLIES
craigbrass
Grafter

I think they send the equipment out so it arrives aprox when your line is activated by BT.
Alecto
Grafter

The 5 mins off could well be the activation.
Nothing to stop you trying the hardware as soon as you get it.
craigbrass
Grafter

Yea, I got my router a day after I signed up for PlusNet. Connected it up with all the settings and then just left it running. One day I came to it and it was working. If your line is activated but PlusNet haven't activated your account and their systems sense you trying to connect, your account will be auto activated.
kwhawell
Grafter

just got my modem about 10 mins back, installed driver, plugged it in, modem fired up, first 1 light, then second one flashed about 6 times then went solid, synched up, 2 meg speed! no connection yet though keeps refusing. back on via dial up at mo.
N/A

BT probably wont have told Plus Net that you have been activated yet and therefore PN's servers arent letting you authenticate. Keep trying to log in and if unsuccessful after about 30 mins, give them a ring and explain the situation. They will sort it for you then.
kwhawell
Grafter

latest status, am on line now via BB. thanks for the help chaps and chapesses!
craigbrass
Grafter

No Problem. Enjoy!
N/A

I've had two customers recently who have been activated before their equipment was delivered, (I think a coupla days) makes a change for it to be that way round, but just a shame it took BT so long in the first place (coupla weeks)
So really I guess it was a case of late activation, then late delivery Sad