cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

people cant connct to my game server

N/A

LO all i like to run little game servers off my computer for people to connect beacause im a keen gamer. But the problem is i give every one my ip and they say they cant connect to my game server but i can connect to theres?. im connect through A draytek vigor 2600 (a top router) but i think it could be certain ports that are not opend if they are how do i do this? or could it be somethin else. Would like if anyone would helpSmiley

oh im a 1mb connection by the way.
15 REPLIES
N/A

oh i forgot again my router is an ADSL ROUTERSmiley
Community Veteran

If you have not setup incoming port forwarding on your router for the required ports that you games use then no-one will be able to connect. Most router's firewalls or NAT block incoming connections but not outgoing which is why you can connct to their systems.

You need to find out what ports you need to forward for your games and setup your router to allow outside connections to those ports though to the internal IP address of your games PC.
N/A

peter any chance u could find out what port medal of honor breakthrough uses
it would be much gratefulSmiley
Community Veteran

No idea, don't play online games - someone else may be along to give you the details, or you can search google.
N/A

IT says on my router NAT configuration START port and END port do i type the port number in both of these.?
N/A

If its only one port then put it in both start and end.
You can also forward a range of ports this way,
place the begining of the range in 'start' and finish in 'end'.
Alec
N/A

I heard that ISP,s can block certain ports so u cant start a server. Is this true and does plusnet block ports :shock:
N/A

That is true, but not with PlusNet.

Some port are blocked with the Home & Biz Surf products, to prevent P2P, however, MOH should not be blocked.

THe only port global blocked is port 135 to prevent the propergation of viruses.
N/A

i think its the game patch that was the problem only public server have 2.40 which is what im on. and private have 2.30.
N/A

but i dont see the reason why it should not work still Sad
N/A

hang on one more thing my NAT config says START port and END port now alaca told me to put my port number in which is 12203 to forward it but do i put 122 in the start port and the last 03 in the end port to get it work i think.?
N/A

No.

Your router supports that ability to forward port ranges, rather than just a single port at a time.

IE. if you want to forward ports 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12, you would put a start of 5 and the end of 12.

For single ports, you put thr same number in the start and end. EG, for port 12, you would put 12, 12.
N/A

but should i then choose UDP OR TCP
N/A

It's probably UDP but there should be an option for both
or 'All'.
Alec