cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pants

rikmoncur
Grafter

pants

Am I gonna be the last person on a premier account left crawling along at 512kbs?

Anyone else on the Dumfries exchange DS_DSL_101 which seems to be located on the ars*e end of jupiter.
10 REPLIES
Community Veteran

pants

No, that'll be Peter.

Seriously have a look at the upgrades checker link in my sig you will need to know your exchange code which you can get from the usertools site. That may help, but only if someone has entered data.
Community Veteran

pants

Yep. :roll:

63dB Line atten and 9db SNR. At this rate of loss I'll be lucky to keep 512K.

Roll on 256Kbs Sad
rikmoncur
Grafter

pants

CS is asking for 'downstream loop loss or attenuation' ??

My USRobotics modem is a museum piece, although it does say in the manual it can handle 8Mb, it doesn't give much information.
All is says is Transmit 288 and Receive 576 but those figures have never changed in about 3 years.

What to do? :?
Community Veteran

pants

Why are CS asking for that? Have your raised a ticket or something?

If you have queried why you have not been updated yet then CS can't tell you as it is BT who decide when an upgrade is done.

Just tell them your ADSL equipment does not show line stats and ask for them to get the info by performing a woosh test (and ask for the version that gives SNR) and make sure they post the results in a ticket reply.
rikmoncur
Grafter

pants

Yup, I raised a ticket. I checked the exchange info - says it's supposed to begin in august but another site http://www.samknows.com/broadband/dslaminfo.php?ecode=WSDMS
says it's already active since june.

I'm just wondering if I've been forgotten about?
They've asked me to contact USRobotics about how to get the db info from my plastic box - I don't hold out much hope there.

Thanx for the woosh pointer - I'll request one.
Community Veteran

pants

There are still many people who have not had the speed upgrade, me included. The dates in the upgrade plan are known to be very wooly - i.e. wrong, as there are still people that should have been upgraded in April that have not been yet. The current estimate is for all upgrades to be done by the end of November, that's 4 months later than originally planned.

There is nothing CS can do as the info you see is the latest (last updated in June) and BT will not be releasing any updates.
jagger
Grafter

pants

Me too,
Every couple of months I try to find out some info on when my exchange will be completed. Result-no info from anyone at all,especially not the secret service of BT roll-out stats.
Apparently,and this is pure rumour,all exchanges will be finished in october with any sweep-ups completed in november :shock: What T F does that mean?
Sorry,you'll have to work it out for yourself.
Also apparently,your modem will sync at the new speed when it is completed on your exchange and you'll then have to raise a ticket to get your speed increased at the PN servers :shock: How very efficient.
The other thing Rik is that my exchange has been 2meg broadband enabled for four years,just not my line.I could pay for it to be done.Yeah ,right.

Tell you what though,If natural gas was sold like broadband we'd all be cooking on woodburners by now. :idea:

Oh yeah, and that arse end of nowhere idea isn't the prob.My exchange is around 20 miles from the centre of London.The problem is obviously the "free" bit.
Community Veteran

pants

Apparently,and this is pure rumour,all exchanges will be finished in october with any sweep-ups completed in november :shock: What T F does that mean?

Not rumor one of the comms guys weasled it from BT for us ;-)

It means that the original order plusnet placed will be finished by october 2006 :razz: (only joking 2005), with all those that have migrated into plusnet a week after.

Also apparently,your modem will sync at the new speed when it is completed on your exchange and you'll then have to raise a ticket to get your speed increased at the PN servers :shock: How very efficient.

In theory you shouldn't have to do anything it should just be an automatic proceedure BT should send plusnet the list of upgrades completed then the PN computer lifts the throttle. Unfortunatley BT "forget" to send the list hence you have to ring CS.
N/A

Re: pants

Am I gonna be the last person on a premier account left crawling along at 512kbs?

Anyone else on the Dumfries exchange DS_DSL_101 which seems to be located on the ars*e end of jupiter.

I too am in Dumfries and just had my exchange upgraded from Broadband!

Living in the middle of no where means im on the Amisfield exchange :S SO best thing to do, is buy some weapons....and nuke the exchange, meaning that BT will have to upgrade you... Cheesy

My mates told me to do that...and by god it worked Wink
rikmoncur
Grafter

pants

Thanx Peter for suggesting the Woosh test - I've been wooshed (kinky!) and just had the following:

"Customers exchange has been updated, and line appears within limits but speed has not been upgraded."

So hopefully I won't have to Nuke the exchange...

*UPDATE* - Woohoo - woke up this morning to a 2Mb connection! At last!
Ok - when do we get 24Mb.....