cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

p2p

N/A

p2p

I have been really getting abysmal results with my p2p downloading. Whilst people are wacking off 40kb/s downloading FROM ME, I am downloading at the dizzy heights of near 0.91kb/s sometimes!?!? Does anyone else get this problem?
Not to mention that I find it quicker to play Counter Strike with my modem too of course..
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: p2p

> I have been really getting abysmal results with my p2p downloading. Whilst people are wacking off 40kb/s downloading FROM ME, I am downloading at the dizzy heights of near 0.91kb/s sometimes!?!? Does anyone else get this problem?
> Not to mention that I find it quicker to play Counter Strike with my modem too of course..

hiya i use kazaa quite a bit and some speeds are at a snails pace,i have found that if you are downloading from someone at a good speed try browsing thru there files for material you are interested in.you should be aware that on the likes of kazaa it is the person you are downloading from who defines the speed,some people might define a speed of 256 but only have a 56k modem so you will be lucky to get a speed of 4-5k,you should allways try to download files from multiple sources as this can greatly improve your speed or try avoiding peak times of usage ie between 5.30 to 11.00 as i have noticed there is a real drop off in speed between these times.i have acheived a constant download speed of 50k as recently as last saturday but it was late on and i was drawing from multiple sources,if you are also downloading from someone at the same time as someone else it will also greatly affect your speed as well.happy hunting stevie
N/A

> hiya i use kazaa quite a bit and some speeds are at a snails pace,i have found that if you are downloading from someone at a good speed try browsing thru there files for material you are interested in.you should be aware that on the likes of kazaa it is the person you are downloading from who defines the speed,some people might define a speed of 256 but only have a 56k modem so you will be lucky to get a speed of 4-5k,you should allways try to download files from multiple sources as this can greatly improve your speed or try avoiding peak times of usage ie between 5.30 to 11.00 as i have noticed there is a real drop off in speed between these times.i have acheived a constant download speed of 50k as recently as last saturday but it was late on and i was drawing from multiple sources,if you are also downloading from someone at the same time as someone else it will also greatly affect your speed as well.happy hunting stevie

This is right to a certain degree but about 4 weeks ago regardless of what I did I never got a d/l speed about about 3KB/s even from multiple users on WinMX. I'm glad to say things have got better and I can typically download at 40KB/s to 60KB/s.
N/A

O.K, I have had a change of stance on this. First I got constant 40k+ from a user last night after 12. I do realise that the speed is greatly influenced by the other user, and most have bandwidth restriction on their upstream. But still, i guess I should stick to offspeed.

On another note though, I have found out that Kazaa steals CPU cycles off you when left to download peacefully, whilst not a devastating thing, its CHEATING. Plus, people tend to forget to check the DO NOT ACT AS SUPERNODE check box, because this takes up a LOT of bandwidth, I know we have all paid and everything, but still, we are only using ADSL, not T3.
So there...thats all I have to say