cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

p2p query

N/A

p2p query

Hi, im currently on the plus package (£14.99), i know in the terms of this, that it says d/l from p2p during peak times will be reduced to make way for premier customers, but i was just wondering if anyone know what they mean by reduced?

ie im on a 2mb connection, so when they say reduced does that mean that i will only be able to achieve speeds of 60kbs instead of 200kbs?

the reason i am asking is because since august ive only been able to d/l at a max speed of 10kbs, no matter wot time of day it is. do you think i have been restriced.

cheers guys
4 REPLIES
N/A

p2p query

Hi,

The BB+ package uses traffic shaping, to give priority to surfing and e-mail traffic. It's not to make way for traffic on premier accounts, it's meant to give those who just want to surf and e-mail a better service overall.
(Note the premier packages are traffic shapped slightly in favour surfing and e-mail, VoIP) but not to such an extent as BB+

BB+ is not really the best package if you want to use P2P as you will suffer reduced speeds due to the traffic shaping. If you want to use P2P you'd be better to switch to premier.
N/A

p2p query

Hi,

Basically BB+ is not suitable for P2P downloads, unless you are prepared to put up with the slow speeds. From other forum posts few people, if any experience speeds above 60kbps at any time with BB+ and your speeds seem typical of those experienced by many users during "peak times".

If P2P is important to you, I would suggest an upgrade to Premier.
N/A

p2p query

hi guys thanks for the quick replys, im not really into the whole p2p like crazy, i only use it from time 2 time, not like some people who would leave it running 24/7.

when i 1st got BB+ back in july, i was getting what i would call great speeds on p2p, which would have been about 60-80kbs, now i was well pleased with this, but ever since the start of august my p2p d/l's havnt peaked over 10kbs, no matter wot time of day it is, which to me suggests that there could be a problem somewhere, any thought.

thanks
N/A

p2p query

Its probably down to the amount of new customers on BB+.

From what one of the Comms team posted previously there maybe a limitied amount of bandwidth set aside for P2P on BB+. The more people using it for D/Ls the greater the affect the shaping will have on speeds.

Thats maybe the reason for the downturn in speeds you have seen lately.