cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

p2p on adsl home surf

N/A

p2p on adsl home surf

A friend is connected to Plusnet ADSL home surf package and I was surprised that he could download music from Kazaa. I pay £3 a month more so I can do P2P occasionally. How is it possible for him to do this on the home surf package?
11 REPLIES
N/A

p2p on adsl home surf

Why don't you use Soulseek and pay nothing? There's more complete albums on there than Kazaa (and you should be using Kazaa Lite!! It has no spyware!).

Not that I encourage use of P2P, I'm just outlining a couple of facts!
csogilvie
Grafter

p2p on adsl home surf

The ADSL Home Surf accounts are not allowed acess to P2P networks, whereas the ADSL Home accounts are. This is why you pay £3 more than your friend on the Home Surf account - presumably the £3 helps contribute to the extra bandwidth costs for p2p networking.

The details of what is not allowed on the Home Surf accounts are listed at http://www.plus.net/info2/whatisadsl/adsl_faq3.html#not
N/A

p2p on adsl home surf

I don't mind paying the extra but the point was that my friend could access P2P when he is on ADSL home surf. Shouldn't this access be blocked by plusnet?
Community Veteran

p2p on adsl home surf

Yes, he shouldn't be able to do this.
Maybe PlusNet have assigned the wrong IP address to his account. You could always raise a ticket requesting he is stopped, but it might loose you a friend Smiley

Chris
N/A

p2p on adsl home surf

I think there is a division of the firm that runs Kazaa (NL) that also runs a pay by download site for MP3's. Are you sure he does not mean this, as the Home surf account should not allow P2P or Newsgroups.
N/A

p2p on adsl home surf

No he is definetley not paying for the downloads
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

p2p on adsl home surf

Hi,

Our network team are going to have a look into this, but if you've got a username (probably best to add it to your ticket) so that we can verify that your friend is on Home Surf and the account is setup correctly we will be find out what the problem is.
N/A

p2p on adsl home surf

wher can i get that soul seek softwareHuh
N/A

p2p on adsl home surf

A quick google turned up slsk.org.

Just so it's clear, PlusNet does not condone the trading of materials which are copyrighted, without the correct permissions from the copyright owner.
N/A

p2p on adsl home surf

soulseek is pretty good ,but you mite want to also try direct connect++,i find it to be a lot better,,,,,,,
N/A

p2p on adsl home surf

Also check out http://www.zeropaid.com/