cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

p2p is it just me?

N/A

p2p is it just me?

Ive been away for a few days but before I went away my downloads from p2p were pretty ***** to say the least, when I came back home I expected an improvement but they seem to be worse. It doesn't matter what the speed of the other person I'm downloading off its the same result......awful speeds, I'm lucky if I can get 10kb a sec and that wont last for more than a few minutes then it drops back down to around 5 constant. I've spoke to a friend that as cable and he is suffering bad download speeds as well but he is still averaging aroungd 25kb a sec. I've given Plusnet the benefit of the doubt for months now but I've had enough, it seems to be one problem after another, does anyone know if they support migration now as I sure as hell don't want to pay another activation fee.
20 REPLIES
N/A

RE: p2p is it just me?

> Ive been away for a few days but before I went away my downloads from p2p were pretty ***** to say the least, when I came back home I expected an improvement but they seem to be worse. It doesn't matter what the speed of the other person I'm downloading off its the same result......awful speeds, I'm lucky if I can get 10kb a sec and that wont last for more than a few minutes then it drops back down to around 5 constant. I've spoke to a friend that as cable and he is suffering bad download speeds as well but he is still averaging aroungd 25kb a sec. I've given Plusnet the benefit of the doubt for months now but I've had enough, it seems to be one problem after another, does anyone know if they support migration now as I sure as hell don't want to pay another activation fee.

Its getting worse, I'm uploading at an average of 30 kb a sec.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

hmm basic tutorial of P2P. The download speed is at the best speed that the person's connetion can allow.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

> hmm basic tutorial of P2P. The download speed is at the best speed that the person's connetion can allow.

Forgot too mention before you start bitching about p2p speeds on a ISP forum have a lookie at the T&C's. If they wanted to, you wouldn't have a connection after they did a bit of tracking of your downloads.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

> > hmm basic tutorial of P2P. The download speed is at the best speed that the person's connetion can allow.
>
>
> Forgot too mention before you start bitching about p2p speeds on a ISP forum have a lookie at the T&C's. If they wanted to, you wouldn't have a connection after they did a bit of tracking of your downloads.
>
The £20.99 "no frils" ADSL service doesn't permit p2p while it is allowed on the other home packages.
N/A

> > hmm basic tutorial of P2P. The download speed is at the best speed that the person's connetion can allow.
>
>
> Forgot too mention before you start bitching about p2p speeds on a ISP forum have a lookie at the T&C's. If they wanted to, you wouldn't have a connection after they did a bit of tracking of your downloads.
>
The £20.99 "no frils" ADSL service doesn't permit p2p while it is allowed on the other home packages.
N/A

>
>
>

N/A

There is a problem that +NET won't admit because they're obviously too afraid to...which can be ranted about in the "slow this evening?" thread.
N/A

> There is a problem that +NET won't admit because they're obviously too afraid to...which can be ranted about in the "slow this evening?" thread.

And another problem which has meant that my last post appeard 3 times, prob because when I selected to post the message nothing happened for a couple of minutes so I clicked "refrest" and eventually it went.
N/A

>
>
>
Sorry Gus but I dont need to be educated about p2p thank you, and as far as the terms and conditions are concerned, I pay the top wack, so why the hell shouldn't I get what I pay for.
N/A

It's the job of any company to be ruthless, dishonest and misleading for it's customers. It's rare to find a business built on trust and feeling for the customer's needs.

Once they have you on their ADSL £22.99 a month, they are happy with the "sale", support comes second. Getting another customer and more revenue, comes first in this world of capitalism.
N/A

> Sorry Gus but I dont need to be educated about p2p thank you, and as far as the terms and conditions are concerned, I pay the top wack, so why the hell shouldn't I get what I pay for.
>

read the previous post i made for the answer.
N/A

> > Sorry Gus but I dont need to be educated about p2p thank you, and as far as the terms and conditions are concerned, I pay the top wack, so why the hell shouldn't I get what I pay for.
> >
>
>
> read the previous post i made for the answer.
>

Have you tried downloading via http/ftp such as software from www.download.com and various others? Are you sure your probs are just with p2p?
N/A

> > > Sorry Gus but I dont need to be educated about p2p thank you, and as far as the terms and conditions are concerned, I pay the top wack, so why the hell shouldn't I get what I pay for.
> > >
> >
> >
> > read the previous post i made for the answer.
> >
>
> Have you tried downloading via http/ftp such as software from www.download.com and various others? Are you sure your probs are just with p2p?
>
Why on earth would I want download.com, which is just cnet anyway a place where they stopped displaying the decent stuff a long time ago. As for ftp sites lets see people put them up on this forum and see how long they last thats assuming they ever get put on the board in the first place.
N/A

> > > > Sorry Gus but I dont need to be educated about p2p thank you, and as far as the terms and conditions are concerned, I pay the top wack, so why the hell shouldn't I get what I pay for.
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > > read the previous post i made for the answer.
> > >
> >
> > Have you tried downloading via http/ftp such as software from www.download.com and various others? Are you sure your probs are just with p2p?
> >
> Why on earth would I want download.com, which is just cnet anyway a place where they stopped displaying the decent stuff a long time ago. As for ftp sites lets see people put them up on this forum and see how long they last thats assuming they ever get put on the board in the first place.
>

To determine whether the problem you're experiencing was just with p2p. Reason I asked, I've not had problems recently. Of course there's always the plusnet file vault (if choice isn't an issue lol).