cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

out of stock

N/A

out of stock

hi all

Just wondering how long it takes normally to receive my modem when plusnet are out of stock of them. So from the process of plusnet reordering them to actually me receiving it.

from Carl
12 REPLIES
N/A

RE: out of stock

It took a couple of working days for me.

I accepted it as a temporary stock problem when it happened to me - if it happens regularly then PlusNet need to rethink their stock control startergy...

Then again my kit arrived over a week ago and I haven't had any service yet, so I think PlsuNet need to rethink more than stock control. I've been told a number of times that this is 'a priority issue', but no one seems to know wat the problem actually is...

Its been 12 days since my first month's subscription fee was taken so thats over 8UKP worth of service I've missed. Funfunfun.
N/A

Hi,

I am in the same boat, received an email yesterday saying the modem was out of stock.

Borrowed a friends ASDL modem last night to try and confirm my account actually works without success. Although that could be due to not yet getting rid of AOL.

Come on PlusNet, sort the stock issues out and courier our modems to us so we can get on with it.

Karl

> hi all
>
> Just wondering how long it takes normally to receive my modem when plusnet are out of stock of them. So from the process of plusnet reordering them to actually me receiving it.
>
> from Carl

mjy58

Hi,

I received the same out of stock email last night, together with a note stating they would be taking the first subscription in 3 days time!

I have raised my first 'ticket' to challenge the fact that they intend to take the money when I clearly will not be able to access the service.
mjy58

I received several emails yesterday (24/9/02) reporting progress of my hardware order through the Plusnet system. At 19:31 last night it was apparently despatched via courier.

I now await the courier's call.
N/A

Can anyone tell me which courier Plus use for delivery, and what they do if there's no one home? My modem was 'with the courier' on Saturday morning according to the email update, but I haven't had it yet (my line was activated on Friday). Also as I work during the day I'll have to go to their depot during the night to retrieve it. This is the only bit of the setup I've been unhappy with so far, it just needs a bit of rethinking.
Suggestions:

Don't start monthly billing until the user's hardware has arrived - not fair.

Give the user a parcel tracking number so they can deal direct with the courier. If the current courier doesn't do online tracking, switch couriers.

Allow for an alternate address to send the hardware to.

'3 or 4 days' isn't acceptable anymore when buying stuff online - next day is the norm now, and Plus's P&P charge is no less than anywhere else's.
mjy58

Ben,

I have the same issues. The courier is Initial City Link. However the Plusnet support desk could not give me a parcel reference number to check directly with the courier.

Apparently the courier will not leave it in a shed/ with Neighbour etc. unless instructed by the sender.

I certainly have no intention of collecting it from the courier depot as it is miles away. Not sure how this will be resolved. I am currently waiting to get the failed delivery note through the door so I can get a parcel reference number.
N/A

According to Support, "Once you have received the card they will leave if you are not in,you can arrange for them to deliver it to an alternative address"

It adds another day+ onto it though, God knows how much more if it spans a weeked. The fact that it's taking a long time is irritating, the fact that I'm being billed for my ADSL usage during this time is a lot more so. Wish I'd bought it from Dabs now.
mjy58

When I got the card (yesterday) it was from Royal Mail (recorded delivery) not City Link! Collected on the way to work this morning (Royal Mail is local). So I am actually in possession of the hardware within 3 days of receiving notfication of line activation. Now just need to get it working!!

Not sure why Plus told me it was out of stock?!
N/A

Excellent news! I hope it is Royal Mail for me - I seem to remember that Citylink leave 24 hours before delivering to a new address, and they're tricky fellas to contact. If the Royal Mail try to deliver today, I'll be able to pick it up tomorrow morning. Otherwise it looks like Monday at the earliest, making it 9 days since getting my ADSL activated.

I'd be interested to hear Plusnet's opinion on this by the way - do you acknowledge that the delivery process needs improving?

N/A

Hi,

The actual delivery process is not itself floored, the problem we are experiencing is a lack of stock. When we have the equipment in stock it is usually delivered well within the 3-4 days we state.

We are looking at better ways to get new stock and the possibility of new suppliers, this however is only in it's infancy and we will make announcement should any changes be made in the future.

--
| Russell Till.......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ---- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----
N/A

Thanks for the reply,
I spoke to someone about my activation on Friday, and double-checked that there were PCI modems in stock - I was told that there were plenty. My modem reached the final stage of the process on Saturday morning at 7.30, so I assume there was no problem with stock levels.

From what I can see, the problem's with the courier you use: 3-4 days is too long, especially when your P&P costs about the average for next-day delivery, and the user has already started paying for a service he can't use because he hasn't had the hardware yet. You'd be better off using Parcelforce if you're not doing next-day, at least then people aren't going to have to go miles out of their way to find the courier's depot.
There could do with being a way of getting it sent to an address other than the default account one, too - there's no one at home during the day at my house, and I suspect the same is true for a lot of people. In the case of Citylink, this could potentially mean a whole weekend delay.

I really, really don't want to start off my time with Plusnet by being a whinger, but I do think that this process needs re-examining.
N/A

> Ben,
>
> I have the same issues. The courier is Initial City Link. However the Plusnet support desk could not give me a parcel reference number to check directly with the courier.
>
> Apparently the courier will not leave it in a shed/ with Neighbour etc. unless instructed by the sender.
>
> I certainly have no intention of collecting it from the courier depot as it is miles away. Not sure how this will be resolved. I am currently waiting to get the failed delivery note through the door so I can get a parcel reference number.

----

It is certainly possible to get a City-Link reference number from plusnet technical support. I managed to get it from them after phoning two or three times. Don't take no for an answer!

Cheers
AndrewC.