cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

orderd 1MB a month ago.... still waiting :0(

N/A

anyone else had any problems when ordering 1MB upgrades? i orderd mine about 4 weeks ago now...... the first 2 weeks plusnet said sumthin about BT auto service was broke so they would have to resubmit the order manualy or sumthing....... that was about 10 days ago now....... i got an emal saying my account had been upgraded and everything.... yet my speed has never changed from my normal "connected at 576Kbps"
phoned Plusnet 3 or 4 times now and each tme ive been told that thy cant access BT computres to see what im meant to be connected at or sumthin because the BT computers are down....... itd shame because ive had nothing but brilliant service up untill i tried to upgrade :0(
Ayone had similer problems or am i jut unlucky :0(
5 REPLIES
holdtight
Grafter

My upgrade was done within 7 days without any probs

i dont know what your problem is but you need to raise a contact us ticket
from help and support and explain exactly whats happened and when to
try and get to the bottom of it

when you open the ticket try and explain it in a better way than
your post here otherwise they wont make head or tail of it as its
a bit jumbled

Good luck
N/A

As of late, BT have been having problems with there ordering system, as per the message you received from PlusNet.

It is my understanding this is still happening on and off.

Some USB modems have been reported to show speeds of 576 even after upgrades. Reinstalling the drivers ahve been shown to cure this. Have you attempted to perform any speed tests liek the one on ADSL guide.
N/A

when i was on 512 k when i connected it said 576k Now i am on 1mb it says 1.1 mb
N/A

yup ive done the speed test... comes back around 470 - 490 each time...... and i use a PCI internal modem so shouldent be a problem.
When i spoke to someone about 10 days ago when i first got the message saying my account had been upgraded... i was told that only the actual manual order to BT had been placed that day.. so i dont know how my account could have been upgraded and activated the same day that the order was placed.. as i was under the impression i was going to have to wait 5 - 7 days from the date the order was placed b4 the upgrade was complete..
sumthings gone wrong somwhere :0(
N/A

Something must have gone wrong somewhere in your case. I had my account successfully upgraded to 1Mb yesterday(eight days after I ordered the upgrade). Getting a good and noticably much faster connection as well.

Maybe I should count myself lucky.

Wink