cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

on a positive note

rikmoncur
Grafter

on a positive note

I had a good look at all the providers and went with plusnet, mainly because it's not a yearly contract. I did have some trepidation because of the poor feedback about customer support etc that I've seen in the forums.
There was a teething problem (my own silly fault - I got my username and password wrong - duh!!)but I got through to support, by phone at lunchtime, in about 20 mins. So far I'm impressed by the speed of broadband and freeing-up my phoneline is just such a relief!
From sign-up to activation was about 8 days and I had to wait over the weekend for a modem to be delivered.
No complaints yet - fingers crossed!
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: on a positive note

> I had a good look at all the providers and went with plusnet, mainly because it's not a yearly contract. I did have some trepidation because of the poor feedback about customer support etc that I've seen in the forums.
> There was a teething problem (my own silly fault - I got my username and password wrong - duh!!)but I got through to support, by phone at lunchtime, in about 20 mins. So far I'm impressed by the speed of broadband and freeing-up my phoneline is just such a relief!
> From sign-up to activation was about 8 days and I had to wait over the weekend for a modem to be delivered.
> No complaints yet - fingers crossed!

Hi,

I'm glad that things are going well for you. Although I appreciate that you will consider me somewhat biased :-) our Customer Support is excellent. Yes we are having some difficulties with our ADSL service and this is reflecting publically as a general poor service / customer support issue, but the actual support provided is extremely good, generally very quick and informative.

We'll tell you what the problems are and you won't like them...but we'll also get them fixed as soon as we can and make a decent job of it. As a company, we believe this up front approach is best.

Regards, Torsten.

--
| Torsten Dettlaff...............Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +
N/A

RE: on a positive note

I have also had no problems with the setup so far. 6 days after order I got the email confirming it was on and was up and running in about 10 mins.

I also found the customer service line very good, answered within 30 seconds when I called just after 12. Very helpful when I asked about non-nat and I was told to email them and someone would look into it. The reply was unfortunately very unhelpful, told me what I already knew and didn't solve my original problem.