cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ok adsl just died

N/A

ok adsl just died

Just got a outage Sad as anybody else lost the adsl connection?
just had to jump onto dailup to post this.
11 REPLIES
N/A

ok adsl just died

Me too, just for a second. Restarted the router and everything's fine.
N/A

ok adsl just died

My connection just dropped, booting me out of my remote desktop session Sad
Irritatingly, the Netgear 814 doesn't seem to reconnect the ppp session untila further request for data is originated from the lan. So I'm stuffed until my girlfriend gets home.
N/A

ok adsl just died

ok it's back again what the hell is going on it's been working fine since today, and it may had something to do with this scheduled maintenance this morning.
A thought comes to mind, if it isn't broken don't fix it.
N/A

ok adsl just died

I've got the DG814, what firmware u using?
I had to turn it off for a few minutes, then it reconnected fine.

James
N/A

ok adsl just died

Latest firmware, but I can't reboot it because I'm not at home. I'm sure a reboot will bring it back up, but it'd be nice if it tried to reconnect the ppp session automatically.
N/A

ok adsl just died

Yeah would be nice if it did that, tis an almighty pain in the ass to come back after leaving the pc for a few hours to find the has connection stalled. Maybe the next firmware will have this option Smiley
N/A

ok adsl just died

Ooo, just thought:
Have u got Remote Management setup with yr router?
If u have then log on to your router and go to 'Gateway Status'
Then Click Disconnect then Connect.

That might do it.
N/A

ok adsl just died

Ummm.... can't log in to the router remotely if it's not connected. Otherwise, a cunning plan! :lol:
N/A

ok adsl just died

Looks to me as I was affected to. Bah, i was going for a record then too.

This looks to have either been a BT platform related issue, or one organised between BT and +Net without informing us.

Normaly, those sort of outages as a result of +Net, will cause stale pipes, which takes at least 30 mins with your ADSL equipment off to reset.
Lorian
Grafter

ok adsl just died

This looks to have either been a BT platform related issue, or one organised between BT and +Net without informing us.

Announcement is here:

https://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10215

Jc.
N/A

ok adsl just died

I noticed this after posting.

There must ahve been some sort of glitch, as this post was not visible prior to posting, and as soon as I read the announcment, the portal logged me out.

Can't seem to replicate it.