Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no synch on adsl500 service

N/A

Hello

Ok new adsl starter pack with binatone adsl500 modem

Now it looks like the new style of modem, after looking at the pdfs on the binatone ftp site.

Now I have windows xp without service pack 1 at present and am getting no synch.

Just wondering what are the symptoms of not using service pack1 - does it not synch?

I have a couple of things to try first (install service pack1), try connection to master socket and also possibly re-install a new operating system (windows 98 se)

The power light is on fine, I have the wiring of the filters correct, i have tried the phone upstairs in the filter and there is a dial tone

please note using extension cable as bedroom is upstairs

thanks

darrenf
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

First thing I would do is install SP1. Then all the other updates that occured after it from windows update.

Then reinstall the modem drivers and see if that helps.

While the new Binatone (with the 3 lights) is supposed to work without SP1 you should be running SP1 anyway for many other reasons, mostly security fix related plus there are a few USB fixes in there as well.

There is no point going back to Win98 as XP is much better and has better USB handling anyway.

What chipset are you running on the motherboard. Have you installed the manufacturers chipset drivers, this can pften improve USB compatibility, especially if it's VIA.
N/A

ok thanks

Hello

Yes will have to get around to installing sp1, hopefully tommorow.

It is a via chip set I am afraid, but have installed the latest via 4in1 drivers and also the usb 1.1 fix from the same place.

I am just going to see if the line synchs tonight, have another dsl modem to try as well, which I will plug into the master socket tonight.

fingers crossed everything will be working by the weekend.

thanks

darrenf