cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no connection - ever

N/A

no connection - ever

I have attempted all this computer challenged person can and after 3 weeks from activation I still have no broadband service. It appears that my router is connected properly as I can reach their web page and get the right setups but I still get the message "no provider found". The router manufacture suggests that Plusnet issued a wrong user name and/or Id. I don't know if that is possible of not as Plusnet doesn't believe in human interaction and if I cant get on line I can't even use their help sessions.

Does this problem sound familiar and does anyone smarter than me know how to fix the problem? If I input username.plus.net verses username.plusdsl.net will that help as I just read of some conversion that might have me hung up?

I appreciate all help.
7 REPLIES
Liam
Grafter

no connection - ever

Your router appears to be connecting okay. I can see your successful connection attempts here and you do appear to be able to get connected.

What exactly is the problem you have when trying to navigate to a web page? Which web browser are you using? Which router do you have?
N/A

no connection - ever

I have an ADDON ARM8200 router. I am trying to use the Internet Explorer browser which searches out the portal.plus.net as the default. I didn't think there was a router problem as I show connectivity but when I ping both plus net and the plus net DNT I get no response which would indicate a DNS issue.

I appreciate your response.
Liam
Grafter

no connection - ever

Can you tell which DNS servers you have set? When connected, can you ping 212.159.13.49?

Are you definately connected when you try? I'm seeing some short connections at this end, so could it be that your router is timing out the connection when it's Idle for, say, 5 minutes or similar?
N/A

no connection - ever

I will have to verify but the DNS address appears to be the one I used. I got it through the support feature. The time out is after two bars or about 2 minutes. Is there a way to expand this setting and doesn't it seem that if all is well the connection should occur in less than 2 minutes?

Thank you
Liam
Grafter

no connection - ever

The timeout by default on Broadband Plus is 30minutes. However, it would appear that your router is ending the connection in your case. I would imagine there is a setting in the control panel for the router?
N/A

no connection - ever

If I get a response to ipconfig in seconds that the IP addresses are coorect and I get a response back in seconds that the DNS address has not been recognized I would think that regardless of the router system out time the plusnet DNS is not being picked up.

Is it at all possible that the user name and/or password that Plusnet have been input into the system are different than those I was e-mailed. I am doing the precise username@plusdsl.net and password. Can I try username@plus.net and password which I understand were the previous setup instructions?
Liam
Grafter

no connection - ever

The username and password you have set are definately correct as we can see your successful connections to the service.

It would appear that there is an issue with the configuration of the router.

You can try hard-coding our DNS servers into your setup?

Either of these will work:

Your router is obtaining a connection without any issues - but it is being terminated shortly after.