cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new customer - 1mb or 2mb connection?

kevchalluk
Grafter

I will be getting my plusnet broadband (plus package) connected this week with a bit of luck. The main site says "2mb speeds as standard" and when I put my phone number into the BT checker it comes out with:

"Our initial test on your line indicates that you should be able to have Broadband from BT with speeds up to 2Mb"

Does that mean when my account is activated it will automatically be at 2mb connection or is it likely to be 1mb and I'll have to do something/ask someone at Plusnet/BT to get it up to 2mb?

sorry if this is stupid question, I'm something of a technophobe.

Cheers
4 REPLIES
N/A

Hi there,

If your line is capable of running at 2mb then BT will provision at that speed.

Only if their tests show that the line is incapable of supporting the faster speed will you get 1mb.

Hopefully things will go smoothly.
kevchalluk
Grafter

Ah right-o, I'd just read some posts on here about people having to request upgrades to 2mb or something, wasn't sure what the crack was with it.

Cheers Cool
N/A

A lot of people have requested upgrades because they believe that BT have wrongly classified their connection as being a maximum of 1Mbs.
kevchalluk
Grafter

OK. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. Not really got a clue about how to tell WHAT i've got when it's finally installed anyway!! :lol: