Did you mean: 

need advice on wireless router

N/A

hi guys

looking for an all in one unit modem router and wireless

found these anybody had trouble with setting these up on plus net

and are they any good and are there any i should stay away from

NETGEAR DG834G Integrated ADSL Modem and 802.11g Wireless Firewall Router with 4 Port Switch £92.72 inc VAT

Ebuyer Wireless 1 Port Ethernet/USB ADSL Modem Router (802.11b Wi-Fi) £62.27 inc VAT

Belkin ADSL Modem with Built-in 802.11g Wireless Router £70.74 inc VAT

Linksys Wireless 4 Port Adsl Gateway - 10/100 802.11g £84.32 inc VAT

have i missed any good ones

thanks for looking

Moderators note (John) I have added to your title to make it more meaningfull. Just "need advice" tells nobody what you need. Please be more specific with post titles and you may get more people replying.
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I suggest you look around or do a search for 'wireless router'. Several other people have asked the same question in other threads.

If the last Linksys is nit the WAG45G then that is also an option.

Also the type of wireless support may be important. 802.11a, 802.11b or, 802.11g (in order of speed) with the last being 54Mb/s and the latest spec.
N/A

It is worth checking out http://www.itchest.co.uk/

This company will set the router up for you to your requirments all you have to do is plug it in. Its the only company to offer this service and they are cheap as well
N/A

This company will set the router up for you to your requirments all you have to do is plug it in.

If you buy the Belkin (don't know about the others) it is a 15second job - I know because every 2 or 3 weeks I do a factory reset which entails setting it up again :lol: - seriously despite various moans I've had, it works very well and that is a great price that you've found there. I've seen it recently at £149.00 - and more commonly at just under £100.

It's not someone selling re-furbs is it? Wink
N/A

'I bought the Belkin'

I bought the Belkin (F5D7630-4A) router; from PC World just before Easter £89...easy to install and their freephone tecnical support is the best I have ever come across (I needed advice on encryption) Also their website has online (live) tec support...Very rare to buy something that I'm this pleased with!

Good luck!
wadeford
Dabbler

I own an Origio 8210 (which I presume is the "Ebuyer Wireless 1 Port Ethernet/USB ADSL Modem Router" you mention)

It works fine (some people have had a few problems, but these are usually sorted by upgrading the firmware - something I havent needed to do).
Only has 11b wireless I believe...

It has all the normal features ((S)NAT, VPN through, DMZ, port forwarding, etc) with the exception (currently) of UPnP. To get full SPI firewall again you will have to upgrade the firmware.

I have also used a Draytek Vigor 2600G. Again, no problems. Have a few more advanced features over the above router (as you would expect for 2x the price!) like VOIP and VPN client/server (as opposed to through) and therefore would probably be best as a small business router.
N/A

The Kcorp router is the fastest out there at the mo and cheap

http://www.kcorplifestyle.com/index.htm

ps its the fastest only if you use there super g cards with the router