cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple ips

N/A

multiple ips

hello, plusnet have given me a 4 ip block , of which 2 are usable. i wish to dedicate one ip to a linux box, which uses that ip for both incoming/outgoing conenctions, and the other ip ( the one the router takes) for the rest of the lan (setup via nat). has anyone done this kind of setup using a sar 110 router ?
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

multiple ips

Yep, certainly have.

Once you have everything running in NAT mode, with all machines on your network having private IP addresses, simply configure a BIMAP rule (same place you configure port forwarding with a RDR rule) to associate your THIRD ip address in your block, with the private IP address of your linux box.

This will pretty much immediately set up the ip address to be visible.

You may need to restart your router to make the change available, I don't remember.

B.
N/A

multiple ips

hi thanx for reply, i am sure i tried this as it details it on the plusnet support page, however i cant remember. i have no problems configuring my router to point incoming conenctions on that specific ip to my linux box, it is outgoing conenctions from the linux box i am concerned with, atm everything outgoing is using a single ip ( the second ip in the block) which is the ip that is allocated to the router when it syncs, however i want traffic to and from the linux box to use one of the other ips, seperate from the ip used by the rest of the lan ( the one allocated to my router) just dont know if thats possible :/