cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ms outlook 2003

N/A

ms outlook 2003

while im surfing the web ect is there no indication weather you have email or do you just have to sign in and get it that way useing send and recieve
14 REPLIES
N/A

ms outlook 2003

tools - Options - email options - advanced email options, middle section in that menu lets you choose notifications etc.
N/A

ms outlook 2003

also it might sound stupid but in outlook my mail background is set to black but i want it on normal white so i change it then i log out go back into it and its back on black do you know what to do
N/A

ms outlook 2003

Sorry, I can't help you on that one. :?
N/A

ms outlook 2003

oh i followed your directions about email thing but it still does not give me a warning so i have to log on to outlook and click send and recieve yet all the options are correct what you told me to do
N/A

ms outlook 2003

outlook needs to be open if that whats you mean by "Logged in", try setting the send/receive auto interval for less time - Mine checks for new email every 1 minute.
N/A

ms outlook 2003

how do i do that
N/A

ms outlook 2003

Tools - options - mail setup, 2nd part down click on send/receive button then in the window that opens set the "send and recieve shedule" to 1 or 2 minutes, make sure the box is ticked as well.
N/A

ms outlook 2003

it was on 5 mins but it still wont tell me i have new mail will it i will just have to log into outlook and check all the time wont i
N/A

ms outlook 2003

How many accounts have you got set up? It will only notify you of email coming into the default account. e.g. on mine I have have 4 different accounts set up, postmaster - bob - jill - home. I use bob as my default account so only email coming into that account trigger the notification, if any mail arrives in the others then I get no notifications.
N/A

ms outlook 2003

i have 2 accounts set up and i think the one that was not getting used was the default one how can i check to see if i get notification now on my default one
N/A

ms outlook 2003

tools - options - mail setup, click on the email accounts button, then "view or change email accounts settings" then click next. In the window that appears it should show the 2 accounts, the top one is the default (will say default next to it) if that is not the one you want as the default then just click on the account you do want and then click the move up button.
N/A

ms outlook 2003

Sorry, should be click on the make default button, not move up button.
N/A

ms outlook 2003

thats done will it give me notification now
N/A

ms outlook 2003

I hope so, send yourself an email to test it.