cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving house

N/A

moving house

BT can disable my phone at my current address and enable the line at my new address tomorrow. According to BT it takes 48 hours for the change to filter through to my ISP. But PlusNet need 6 working days (until Sep 6) before they can disable broadband here and enable it in my new house. Anyone know why it takes them so long?
5 REPLIES
shellsong
Grafter

moving house

Did you put in a Simultaneous Transfer request via PlusNet? Dave Tomlinson mentioned this to someone who coincidentally was also talking about a move on Sept 6th.

See http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?p=349111
N/A

moving house

Nope, hadn't heard of that before, too short notice anyway. Got a reply from support which says it's basically how long BT take to provision a line. The plot thickens, the broadband move is stalled as the previous occupier had BT broadband and although he's cancelled they won't actually remove it from the line for another day or two, so PlusNet get bounced when they request a service for me. Unexpectedly broadband is still working at my old address, even although the phone service was terminated two days ago. The whole system seems like a complete mess to me. Regardless of any technical merits of BT's setup, from a consumer's point of view it doesn't look like they've put any thought into how to deal with house moves smoothly.
shellsong
Grafter

moving house

Seems really stupid-- You need line enabled for BT broadband for your ISP (PlusNet) -> previous line user has line enabled for BT broadband -> BT have to remove it -> so that they can enable it again for you!

Sounds like a charter for jobsworths! :lol:
N/A

moving house

Or a good way to make a few quid without doing anything?
N/A

Moved House

Can PN do anything to improve the moving house process for other users.

I had my new Address and Phone Number details weeks ago and tried the Move my ADSL Line tool. It stopped on the phone number because the number wasn't activated until the 29th.
Now it is active I can request my move, but PN won't even start for another 5 working days. So I have active Broadband at a house I have left and might be 2-3 weeks without broadband. Not exactly the wired nation we are supposed to have.

Philip