cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving house

N/A

moving house

I am in the process of moving house and want to suspend my broadband connection. I will be living in rented accomodation while looking for a new house and won't need the connection, possibly for many months. How do I suspend a connection?
3 REPLIES
N/A

moving house

Suspension is not possible. A broadband enabled line bears a cost implication for an isp and as such this cost will have to be met by the customer. BT charge the isp wether you use it or not.

Your only option is to cease the connection and downgrade your account to payg dial up while you are away.

When you come back you can activate adsl again. Wether this can be done, taking advantage of the free activation offer I am not sure, but a call to Plus Net will answer that one, I am sure.
N/A

moving house

Yeah wonted to do the same but got this back "If you wish to go ahead with downgrading your account, there would be a £83.75 fee for the modem and the deffered activation. which we would need to take before we can down grade your account." from plus net
N/A

moving house

I had assumed from the OP's joining date that he/she would be out of contract and therefore liable for no contractural payments. As your date is May 2005 I can understand their stance on this.