cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving ADSL to Serviced Office

N/A

I am moving to a serviced office and they want me to take on their internet. However, I do not see the need to pay extra money for that as I already have ADSL with plus net. Has anybody had a similar request? how was it settled?
thank you for any ideas - Piera
8 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

Sorry, don't quite get your question.

What do you mean by Serviced Office?
N/A

thanks Liam
A serviced office is a convenient, flexible solution for businesses. They are business centres organised to host several businesses. They provide a answering and receptionionist service, office quipment and furniture, pay the insurance and rates etc. individual business pay a all-in-one-rent. I am going to take one of the westmead serviced offices (see http://www.airport-house.co.uk/servicedoffices.htm). Any ideas?
Community Veteran

An office complex that provides all the general services within the rent.
Such as Electricity heating, telephone, receptionist, maintenance & cleaners.

These days an internet connected LAN is also normally included.

Just rent the space and turn up to work.

Chilly
LiamM
Grafter

Ah right. Sounds good actually.

So i'm guessing the PN connection is a business one?

I don't see any reason why you couldn't get Broadband moved to your Office Line (providing it is a clean line, not DACs'ed or anything - which in that situation it is likely to be).

Otherwise, if they provide the connection as part of the deal. it looks like your need for PN no longer exists.

Do you work from home? Perhaps keep PN at home?
N/A

Liam, what is PN?
yes, I work from home now andI have a business pack (web-hosting, email, etc) that is quite expensive. I am not sure whether I will be able to keep the web-hosting and email service without having the broadband and whether this would be economical
Community Veteran

The problem here is that most serviced offices provide the telephone services including switchboard and receptionist. So there will be no POTS phone lines running to individual offices. And their rules may prevent installation of one.

Really you will have to work with airport-house to come to a compromise.
Possible each office will have POTS line for fax that can be used.

Chilly
N/A

thank you Chilly will see if I can negotiate a deal.
Community Veteran

I agree, they will use some form of ISDN phone system normally. Although I reckon they will allow the installation of a stand alone analouge line and patch it through thier structured cabling (the cables and sockets for phones and LAN built into the office) afterall I imagine a lot of businesses would need an analouge line for other reasons such as BACS or anything that uses an analouge modem.

Also PN is just short for PlusNet.