cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

more zoom modem woes

N/A

more zoom modem woes

Hi there, thanks to all on the forum who helped me with my last problem - that's all fixed now except for one lingering thing.

The use of my 5510-72 (uk version) zoom usb modem seems to affect the normal running of PCs running windows 98 SE.

After the modem has been used the computer will not shut down properly. On a shut down command the computer will stop at the blue "windows is shutting down" screen instead of powering itself off. Switching the PC off manually is the only way to proceed from here.

I have tried the modem on three different PCs (two desktop, one laptop) all with different hardware configurations and experienced the same problem on each machine. In addition with the laptop, the modem seems to interfere with the energy saving procedures which can lead to system crashes in normal operation.

Is this problem common? Is there a solution? Does this happen with other brands of modem?

Hoping for some help,

Andy Potter
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: more zoom modem woes

I dont know about 98SE, but in XP some (including me) have reported on this forum symptoms whereby shutting down continually restarts the PC. Possibly related. There are no specific XP drivers so I guess Im using the same drivers as you.
N/A

Download and install the windows 98 USB driver update, alternativley, disconnect the USB modem when your shutting down,
if that doesnt fix it, get back to me,

IBY

> I dont know about 98SE, but in XP some (including me) have reported on this forum symptoms whereby shutting down continually restarts the PC. Possibly related. There are no specific XP drivers so I guess Im using the same drivers as you.

N/A

Has anyone tried to install the Fujitsu drivers for the Zoom which allegedly is the same piece of kit. But the drivers done crash out XP on closing.

Here's the link I found on Usenet if anyone is interested:

http://www.ftel.co.uk/products/Rel_1_11_0007Qb_fdx310.zip

> Download and install the windows 98 USB driver update, alternativley, disconnect the USB modem when your shutting down,
> if that doesnt fix it, get back to me,
>
> IBY
>
>
> > I dont know about 98SE, but in XP some (including me) have reported on this forum symptoms whereby shutting down continually restarts the PC. Possibly related. There are no specific XP drivers so I guess Im using the same drivers as you.
>
>