cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

more then 1 ip address?

N/A

more then 1 ip address?

I have 4 ports on my adsl thing and each pc shares the same ip address..

do you offer more ips?
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

more then 1 ip address?

Why do you want them?
Your ADSL thing as you describe it is probably a router and that allows each PC to connect individualy all at the same time to the net via the one IP.
N/A

more then 1 ip address?

because with a router im having probs with irc like connecting to a bot. im not sure why but i have that prob
N/A

more then 1 ip address?

If it is eggdrop, use "/ctcp <bot> chat"

Otherwise, you are best using port forwarding.
N/A

more then 1 ip address?

do u have any info on prot forwarding? the info that I got with the router is not that good for helping
Community Veteran

more then 1 ip address?

Hi pmlewis,

Please supply details of your 'thingy' or router (make/model/firmware version (if known)) and someone may be able to help.

Each manufacturer has a different way of configuring port forwarding so a generic reply is not always possible.

And to clarify your understanding of your PC network...

The ADSL router that your PCs are connected to has probably allocated a different private IP address to each PC which is not the one PlusNet has allocated. On the telephone side of the router, PlusNet has assigned your IP address that identifies your connection on the Internet (the one IP address you thought all your PCs were allocated). The router then allows each of the locally connected PCs to share the plusnet IP address concurrently by making sure any requests (like a web page) made by a specific PC gets back to it and not one of the other PCs you have connected.

The problem you may be having is your router may be blocking the outgoing irc connection or blocking it on it's way back to you. Some routers have inbuilt firewalls so the make/model is important to know.

Cheers

Peter Cool