cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

modem in post

N/A

modem in post

Hooray !! just had my adsl activated today.
Do any of you know how long it takes for the modem to arrive ( pci - starter pack) Huh
QUESTION = If my line now has adsl on it , how come my phones still work without any splitters , or have I got it wrong again ?
8 REPLIES
N/A

RE: modem in post

> QUESTION = If my line now has adsl on it , how come my phones still work without any splitters , or have I got it wrong again ?

IIRC the phones will work fine with a DSL line, although you may find the quality is reduced. I think the problems really start once you have the DSL modem actually doing something (IE surfing the net) My filters came free with my modem and I've never found the desire to try it out without them...

Regards
Steve
N/A

> QUESTION = If my line now has adsl on it , how come my phones still work without any splitters , or have I got it wrong again ?

IIRC the phones will work fine with a DSL line, although you may find the quality is reduced. I think the problems really start once you have the DSL modem actually doing something (IE surfing the net) My filters came free with my modem and I've never found the desire to try it out without them...

Regards
Steve
N/A

You line will not be effected, until a DSL modem starts to SYNC with the exchange.

Even then you can use the phone, but it sound like two lines cross, 1 being a modem.

People report different symptoms from this, and these range from line OK, to slowly deteriorating calls.

You may also note that DSL SYNC is lost when using the phoen without splitters.
N/A

Thanks Philip ,
I think Ive got it now - a bit like a cross-over in an audio setup , seperating bass and treble.

Cheers.
N/A

Bringing it down to basics, yes.

However, the frequency range between the two here, is a lot bigger.

It is your DSL modem that causes the noises, due to it's proximity to other devices.

The line loss of the cable to your house, usualy causes the noise bleed from the exchange, to fade away by the time it reaches your house.
Del
Grafter

> Hooray !! just had my adsl activated today.
> Do any of you know how long it takes for the modem to arrive ( pci - starter pack) Huh

My adsl was activated on a Friday and the starter pack arrived on the following Tuesday, so with a bit of luck you could have yours on Friday.
N/A

> My adsl was activated on a Friday and the starter pack arrived on the following Tuesday, so with a bit of luck you could have yours on Friday.
Hi there,
Just to clarify, the time we officially state (and are given from our couriers) is three working days for delivery.
Kind Regards,
Mike
--
| Mike Grice....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

Thanks all , modem was delivered today ( Friday) , tho left on the door step .
All is up and running loverly !!
Big pat on the back for +NET.

Why does my speed checker say im connected at 576kbps ?? not that im complaining . Smiley

> | Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
> | PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
> + ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
>