cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing email

rikmoncur
Grafter

missing email

A few emails I sent on Thursday 5 June at 22.20 and Friday 6 June at 18.13 didn't arrive at their destination. I've since sent emails to the recipients and they''ve arrived ok.
Has there been an email problem? There's no mention on the status page and the contact us wizard doesn't cover this problem.
8 REPLIES
N/A

missing email

Hi,

There were no problems in this regard as far as I am aware - when the emails went missing, did you receive any bounce-backs?
rikmoncur
Grafter

missing email

no bounce backs - nuffin....just a deadly hush.
scarpa

missing email

Hi there,

I have checked your account and all seems ok. Do you have any problems when you send yourself a test email?

Please ensure that your mail settings match those on our portal (Help & Support). If the problem continues or you have this problem again, please let us know.

Regards,

Dave
rikmoncur
Grafter

missing email

I send loads of emails every day and I receive loads too. I haven't changed any settings recently. I only noticed because 4 messages I'd sent should have received replies - when no replies were forthcoming I emailed again and the recipients (in the uk and usa) hadn't got the original mail.

They're NOT on AOL either - I know some isps have been blocked by aol in the past.

The messages are in my sent box on my computer - I use ye ancient netscape 4.7 messenger for email, so it looks like they've been sent ok. I use relay1.force9.net as my smtp setting.

Yup - test messages sent to myself get through ok.
Community Veteran

missing email

Why are you using relay1?
AFAIK relay1 points to one mail server, rather than the load balanced system (it certainly used to in the past) so your mail could get stuck on there. You should use the default settings and see if you still have problems.
Failing that test with webmail.

Chris
rikmoncur
Grafter

relay

yup - there was a problem a long time ago with plusnet's mail and it was recommended to switch to relay1 and I never got round to switching back again, since it worked ok.
I reckon there was just a glitch somewhere but I'll change my smtp settings anyway.

***update***

I remember now why I use force9 relay - cos plusnet's relay doesn't work with ye ancient netscape messenger 4.7.
I did try upgrading and using mozilla but they're both pants and OE is a virus waiting to happen.
N/A

missing email

What problems do you have with netscape and the +net smtp server?

As far as I can see, the output is identacle.
rikmoncur
Grafter

missing email

With netscape 4.7 it asks for a password and there ain't one. With the force9 it authenticates without a password.
It works.