cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maxdsl upgrades - concerns about procedures

N/A

In the MAX DSL FAQ's it says that oldest customers first will be upgraded.

can someone explain why this doesn't seem to be the case?

I joined Sep 02 and still waiting (not that I'm too bothered) but 3 of my referrals have already been upgraded and they joined
Apr 05
May 05
Nov 04

Of more concern is that although all of them receive general advice that one day it willhappen to everyone NONE of the three have received any communication to say it's happened to them. We only discovered it when they moaned at losing connections and when I looked at it found that their old routers wouldn't hold up so changed them and now all ok but still a poor look out that PN don;t appear to be doing as they said and advising each customer as their own U/G occured.
8 REPLIES
Midville
Grafter

It is a shame it hasn't happened like it should have, along with oldest customers - first also customers still on more expensive products are waiting as well.

It cant be that hard to upgrade 'first in' customers...surley.

(typo)
N/A

Well it makes me wonder what Plusnet are playing around at, it seems they have total disregard for their long term customers regarding upgrades. I would have thought that they would have stuck to their statement (as in the FAQ's) that loyal long term customers would have had an upgrade before newer signups, of course not including brand new provision. What I find amusing is that its the long term customers who are affected, but they are the ones who have completed any outstanding contract and can offload from Plusnet at will.
N/A

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Boo to plus speed.
N/A

I also joined in Aug 2002. Still waiting for upgrade. All my refererals (who joined this year) have ahd upgrade. i complained a lot and got a months free ADSL (I'm on premier). Made me feel a little better, though it still shouldn't have happened.
FooAtari
Grafter

Hmmmm, this wouldn't be the same deekay, that also goes by dekay would it?

How many can there be! Smiley
N/A

Hi, no, it's always deekay or deekayw (a play on my initials)

dk
drw
Grafter

Plusnet may be doing you a great favour by not upgrading you to ADSL Max if you prefer stability rather than speed.

Sometimes being on the bleeding edge is not a good thing
N/A

There was an announcement that nobody is to be automatically upgraded now. If they want Max they have to opt-in.

See this thread.

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44321