cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

max dsl upgrade not been able to get online

N/A

when i got upgraded to 8 meg broadband i had a nightmare been able to get on the net at all
it keot connecting and then cutting off and then connecting and so on i could not even be on for more than a few minutes at a time borrowed a router of my mate and hey presto no problems at all permanent connection and no probs no disconecting i am not saying go out and buy a new router but make sure that your existing modem will support high speed just put it in to google nd it will let u know........I too rang plusnet lots of times and they said that disconections were normal even every minute .....so check your modem or buy a router you will have no probs...... Smiley
8 REPLIES
N/A

heh unfortunately its not as simple as that for everybody, you were just lucky Wink
N/A

Bought a brand new router and I still get disconnected every minute. Cry
N/A

Bought a brand new router and I still get disconnected every minute. Cry
N/A

ive bought a new router, new RJ-11 cable, new microfilters, still get disconnections.

more times than often its likely a line/distance problem with MaxDSL, but having a good ruoter can help
keithcalder
Grafter

Have you removed your Ring wire to see if that helps? I know it has helped alot of people myself included. Smiley
N/A

The list of my attempted fixes:

Three different firmwares.
Factory reset router.
Brand new router.
New microfilter.
Plugged straight into the socket inside the phone socket (I don't have a ring).
Got BT to do a line test (no faults).

... and I still get disconnected every minute.
I'm not sure how I managed with dial-up a few years ago, but I can't manage now Sad
N/A

can you connect and quickly get the line stats from your router?

or run PN's broadband fault checker from your connection settings in the members centre
N/A

I can't connect now as I'm having to spend my days in my brother-in-laws lounge to get a connection, but the noise is around 6db. It keeps changing the speed of the connection every time it reconnects and this affects the noise. What's annoying is that I only get low noise settings when I get a connection of over 6.5 Mbps and I would be over the moon to get 6. It appears to be doing the fourteen day line test, but not stopping (I'm on day 24 now).

PlusNet are obviously aware as no-one's getting upgraded and they mention the problems here: http://portal.plus.net/support/broadband/products/getready.shtml

Unfortunately they haven't told me anything, I just found this by chance.