Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

major connection issues

jamitch
Grafter

major connection issues

hi...

recently i started getting major problems with my connection, these problems incluede random complete disconnects, very very high and inconsistent pings on online games.

i had these problems a while ago and got told to do the bt speed test, i have since done this and the results were not gr8.

the main problem with the games is that on sof2 when i first moved to plusnet my ping was 18 (to my server situated in the uk) and gr8 and perfect, but after about 1 month it went completly down hill, it now sits on 35 and goes upto 90 which is very dissapointing.

I know also play bf2 and all the time on servers (all uk servers) my ping will go anything upto 4000 (yes 4000 no typo) and so it has become unplayable.

i have tried to solve these problems but when i went to send in the screens of my bt speed test it said i had to pay £48 if the problem was here, which i think is very harsh and unfair. so since i have done everything to make sure it is not my end. i have got a whole new system, new modem new copy of windows changed all the filters on the phones but yet still the problem persists.

greatful for any help because atm i cant play any games or get into anything on the net because it may disconnect at any time.

thx
4 REPLIES
N/A

major connection issues

In the last few days I have found that my BT Voyager 2100 router has disconnected whilst my pc is turned off. Until this started I could turn on the pc and go straight to my home page. Now, I have to log onto voyager.home and re-connect. This doesn't happen every time I switch off. I've not been able to find out why. I don't appear to have problems with high pings when I play BF2 but I do seem to be loosing my connection on a more regular basis.
jamitch
Grafter

major connection issues

ye the discos are annoying and take time b4 you can reconnect. but i just thought i would replace all my stuff and it would be PROBLEM SOLVED

but no problem still - HELLLP!!

thx
N/A

major connection issues

Hi Jamitch,

Disconnects are usually down to internal wiring, filters,equipment, electrical interferance or a problem with your BT line.

The poor results from the BT speed tests could be down to one of the above or entirely seperate. It could be down to exchange contention or other BT issue.

The BT charge can be scary, but it will only be applied if you do not follow the correct diagnostic procedures and rule out any issues being caused by your own equipment etc. It is only charged if the fault turns out to be down to your kit.

Before raising a ticket, check out the following tutorials ADSL Trouble Shooting and Wiring and Filters

Following these guides will hlep explain whats happening and how to diagnose it, thus eliminating your side from the equation.

@varnals1.

Welcome to the forums. If the above doesnt apply to you, you could also check the idle timeout settings on your router or ensure it is set to autoconnect.
jamitch
Grafter

major connection issues

thank you for the help mate, but like i said i have replaced pretty much all i can replace but still the problem doesnt go, this is why i am completly confused. ill have a read of the link and post again.

thx again for the help