cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mIRC problems?

N/A

mIRC problems?

I'm at the end of day 2 with my ADSL and my hair is getting less and less, due to me pulling it out.

I can send files in mIRC. It worked fine on NTL Cable, no settings have changed, only the introduction of the 'un-named' ADSL Router.

Any ideas? Any please, I'm getting very annoyed here.

TIA

Craig
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: mIRC problems?

Hi Craig

You mIrc file sending problem is caused by the NAT translation of your ADSL router, it also affects ICQ and various other messenger programs.

I would advise you read your manual for your router
especially any section regarding Port Forwarding as the commands and syntax vary depending on make and model of router.

I use the following on my Speedtouch Pro ADSL To Ethernet router.

nat defserver 10.0.0.1

where 10.0.0.1 is the ip address of my ethernet card connected to the router, this command forwards all my ports/traffic to this ip address.

PLEASE BE AWARE that this bypasses the NAT translation and its security features so make sure you have a good software firewall.

All this will allow mIRC, ICQ to send files and also allow you to run games servers as long as you allow for the correct ports in your software firewall.

Hope this helps Ali.
N/A

RE: mIRC problems?

Did you get the router of plus.net? I have the same problem and plus.net wont offer any support. I can use mirc ok until I put up a server and then people cant connect to the server.

The problem is you cant forward more than 6 ports on the router but mirc uses port 1200-5000, I believe you can cut the port down in mirc but you are very restricted as you need 113 open for indent.

On a modem it works fine. I am disgusted that plus.net sell the router and then wont support it, the main reson for getting it off them was I would get some support. Whats worse is the port forwarding dmz etc are not in the manual.

I do have a doc someone sent me to get around the problem but it very long I am at work so cant get it if you want it email jan@janwright.co.uk and I will send it.

> I'm at the end of day 2 with my ADSL and my hair is getting less and less, due to me pulling it out.
>
> I can send files in mIRC. It worked fine on NTL Cable, no settings have changed, only the introduction of the 'un-named' ADSL Router.
>
> Any ideas? Any please, I'm getting very annoyed here.
>
> TIA
>
> Craig