cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mIRC - DCC send settings please?

N/A

Been having trouble getting files using DCC sends in mIRC since last weekend.

This thread http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30917 explains some of it. That problem should be fixed now.

However I still cannot get files.

I either get an instant unable to connect or a time out.

Would someone please post the settings that work for them.

mIRC dcc transfers have always worked for me up until last weekend.
Co-incidently my connection was upgraded earlier in that week. Transfers worked Saturday morning very early, but had failed by lunchtime.
6 REPLIES
N/A

Are you using a BB+ account. I do believe there are still difficulties with that account. Dave T will hopefully provide further info next week.
N/A

I believe I am on broadband Premier, which should have access to all the ports.
N/A

Then it should be working.

This thread may be of interest, though those previously affected now appear to be sorted.
LiamM
Grafter

Check your firewall settings?
N/A

Then it should be working.

This thread may be of interest, though those previously affected now appear to be sorted.

That's the thread I refer to at the begining of this post.

I thought I'd start a new thread to try and get the settings that work for other people.

I have spent all week messing with the settings in mIRC to get it to work again. I am confident I am back where I started but it still doesn't work.

Perhaps it is the servers I am trying to download, from perhaps I have a setting wrong in the options.

I would really like to get the settings that are working for other people, if someone has managed to get DCC transfers to work.

I have not altered anything in my router just in the options of mIRC and it has always worked up until last weekend.
N/A

Doh. That'll teach me to read properly. Soz for that.