cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lost my cable for a USB Binatone 500

N/A

help! lost my modem to phone line cable for my binatone adsl 500, can i get another one off you guys or can u at least tell me wot its called so i can buy a new one?
Man, moving house sucks, losing cables, 65 quid fees to move my adsl, bah.
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Do you have an old 56K modem? If so, use the phone cable it comes with. Even the cable that comes with a normal phone may work if it has the American style RJ-11 connector.

Failing that you need a RJ11 plug -> BT phone plug cable which you may find in a hardware / electronics shop.
N/A

fantastic thanks. yeah i got loadsa old 56k cables, i didnt think they would work tho. cheers.
Community Veteran

Some will, some won't, It depends on the modem manufacturer. But try several if the first does not work.
N/A

coo' the wonders of modern technology, eh?
Btw, i have just got a pc with an intergrated LAN card (nforce2) and I have an ethernet cable so what do I need to run my adsl through that? do i need to upgrade/change my account or do i just need some hardware? will it improve my connecton if i run it like that instead of thru the binatone?
cheers!
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

you would need to get a router to use the on board lan card, so doing away with your usb modem.

Using one won't speed up your connection but it will help remove a strain that the usb modem puts on your pc, so for games online you might see a difference if the games play smoother.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

thats wot i like to hear, anything that boosts my gaming performance is always worth a shot, cheers!