Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

losing sync - help please!

N/A

hello folks
a little info needed.

every night (and i mean every) from around 6 PM my moden loses sync - ie the DSL light flashes.
it only comes back on between 2am and 6am the next day.

ive sent the prob through to PN support a few times and tries all the fixes (filters,new modem) - no luck. all they want to do is get BT round - if they cant find a fault then i have to pay. they did mention something about losing connection when its dark due to some sort of RF signalHuh??
i purchsed a new voyager 105 modem - but it still happens

does this happen to anyone else? im tired of paying for a broadband service that loses connection every bloody night for the last 8 months.
thanks in advance for your help
7 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

If it happens at the same time each day then it's likely to be due to something in your premises or the surrounding area.
Does your central heating come on at this time each evening? Made sure that there is no extension lead between the master socket and your modem?
If you are certain that everything possible has been eliminated from your setup then the next step to fix it to raise this to BT.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

cheers for the reply

no - no central heating coming on. and no extension lead used.

however - i have noticed that as the nights are getting shorter- my loss of sync happens later - silly question really - but darkness cant affect my broadband can it?
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Ah-ha, darkness may not affect it, but the streetlights turning on may well cause issues.

Probably going to have to raise this as a fault to get this resolved and then we'll pass it on to BT. When you go through the fault checker put the comments about this happening when it gets dark and streetlights coming on into the more information box.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

cheers mate - all done!
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Great, it will go through some automated testing and then drop out either to you or to our faults team. I'll keep an eye on it and make sure that it gets to the right people to raise this to BT.
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

much appreciated - thank you again!
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Rightyo, I've picked up your ticket, added comments on to it and sent it to the faults guys to look at.
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team