cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

losing connection

N/A

losing connection

hi ime having a slight problem with my asdl it to do with my cordless phone.Whats happening is evertime i ring or someone rings and the ansering machine comes on it cuts me off the net.My setup is the usb modem to a 15m extension cable wich has a splitter plugged into it then my upstairs phone plugged into the other port of the splitter.In my downstairs socket ive got the end of the extension which is a double socket then my cordless phone plugged into one of the double sockets off the extension so its all seems ok hope someone can help thanks dave
2 REPLIES
N/A

losing connection

By the sounds of that description, your cordless phone is not plugged into a spliter/filter.

This sounds like the most possible cause.

All phone devices should be filtered out, except for the ADSL mode, which should be on the unfuiltered portion of the splitter.
Community Veteran

losing connection

All phones and sky boxes must be connected to sockets via a splitter/filter. I also recomment your ADSL modem uses a splitter/filter as that can sometimes solve your issue as well and stop some interference from dropping your ADSL connection.

See the ADSL wiring tutorial in the tutorial & FAQs forum to know how to and when to use the filter/splitter.