cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

longest outstanding help query

N/A

I posted a problem on 7:47am, Tuesday 25th April 2006 about the awful connection i was experiencing.
I have often had some reasonable responces where the CS person has read the problem, but todays reply was the best:
you can check the 'stable rate' which suggests 5000 connection speed
I WISH! I have often had no service but more often slow-boadering on 300 kbs (extremely slow)
Is ther a way to get someone at Plusnet to rectify this deplorable service?
19 REPLIES
N/A

and i thought i was the only one unhappy with this bunch of no hopers.

they still won't cancel my service after numerous emails. i haven't used their service for near on two months and still they lack the ability to either cancel my account or explain why their service is so bad.

avoid this company at all costs.
N/A

thinking of changing supplier....

:roll:
N/A

No, I have the longest outstanding query

Query was originally posted on 19th April - a few hours after we were regraded to MaxDSL and we have had neither stability nor even anything like a broadband speed since. We have seen speeds varying between 150 kbps (!) to around 1000 kbps when connected (which isn't often - uptime is around 20 to 30 mins if we're lucky). Have tried different modems, splitters, got the alarm company out to check their kit, BT have visited and confirmed line is OK, etc etc. The ONLY thing to happen our end is that regrade (which we didn't want and I suspect can't get rid of). I used to recommend Plusnet routinely in my role at work but NEVER again ..... The next worst thing to the disastrous regrade has been the 3 to 4 day reply to postings which Plusnet implement even when you respond to their query within minutes!
winnipeg1823
Grafter

Since 30/4/06 I have had 20 days of no ADSL signal, in three batchs.
currently on 11 days. Ticket has been open since 30/4.
Sometimes it can take days for plusnet to reply. I have asked on numerous occasions for them to ring me with updates/ questions, as I have no internet, yet they post replies with deadlines on for me to meet, and when I do they then take days to forward it to the suppliers.
I also think that the Tech men at plusnet, and Tiscali only work 9am 5pm Monday to Friday, as nothing ever gets done outside these hours, and if you ring before 9am the Customer service reps always say that the faults team arent in yet
N/A

We have had just a few meagre days of internet connection since we joined in mid April and the rest of the time the sync light flashes.

I have just received the latest ingenius suggestion from BT: why dont I try connecting my pc directly to the main phone socket with no other devices connected. Doh, why didn't I think of that, why, oh yes, I have already done that half a dozen times with both mine and a friends computer. I seem to have proved that my line is faulty, but wait, I must be mistaken, BT say all is well and suggest I try connecting my pc directly into the phone socket without any other devices connected. What's that you say Plusnet, not your problem, you will raise the matter with BT for the hundreth time. Whats that BT? The line tests OK, try connecting my pc directly to the main socket without any other devices connected. Wow, what a great suggestion. Oh dear it still doesn't work. Not your problem Plusnet, why of course, lets raise it with BT again. etc etc etc etc etc.

I think I need counselling from this experience.
N/A

Hey can I join your gang ?

Must be your computer Sir ...... righto.

Why can't these firms tell people the truth ? If someone said we are experiencing severe problems and because of this you will have a totally rubbish service for 3 months but bear with us ... here's a discount, then maybe we wouldn't all chuck out our rattles and want to leave.

Not very good business sense, but hey that's expected from computer geeks.
winnipeg1823
Grafter

Plusnet cannot, and legally should not, blame everything on a supplier, be it BT or Tiscali. They have to push to have the faults rectified, because we pay plusnet for a service, we have a contract with plusnet. If they use third parties to provide that service, then it is plusnets responsibility to make sure that that third party delivers a resonable service. Failure to do so can lead to customers being able to leave, at no cost, whilst under the contract
N/A

Re: longest outstanding help query

I posted a problem on 7:47am, Tuesday 25th April 2006 about the awful connection i was experiencing.
I have often had some reasonable responces where the CS person has read the problem, but todays reply was the best:
you can check the 'stable rate' which suggests 5000 connection speed
I WISH! I have often had no service but more often slow-boadering on 300 kbs (extremely slow)
Is ther a way to get someone at Plusnet to rectify this deplorable service?

It appears from the ticket reply that the speed tests carried out were not done via the BT Speedtester. BT demand that all speedtests be done via their service as it rules out all possibilities of contention over the centrals or network management.

Have you already done the BT speed tests as instructed at http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/27 ?
N/A

i initially did the tests via plusnet speedtest and upon being advised to did the tests on BT.
The service is unacceptable.
Getting a response is slow and 'standard'
and given the above replies i'm not alone
Evil Evil
N/A

still no response......
when will it be remedied?
N/A

The twelth of never - probably
N/A

I last replied to a "post" on Tuesday afternoon 6th - it is now the 9th and it has obviously not dropped back out of the black hole aka diary system yet. The average response to my various "posts" during the two months I have had this open query has been 4 to 5 days - even when the reply was simply a yes or no! I suspect that the support team deal (and I use that word very loosely) with the query by popping in some words and that marking it forward by several days without much thought as to whether the matter could be sorted in a more practical way. Like others here, I have left several phone numbers but no-one has ever picked the phone up.
N/A

Had this gem of a reply:
The following comment was added to the Question
Dear Mr ****
BT are unable to find further fault. Please re-test and advise should further problems occur.

Regards,
T******* T*******
N/A

Yep, I've had that one too ..... and I'm expecting to see it again in 3 days as I have just re-done the BT speedtests.