cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

line regraded

N/A

line regraded

just had my line regraded from .5 meg to 1.1 meg - the line wont support anymore Sad

that said I have noticed a difference already just surfing. I read on the forum yesterday that just browsing the net then the upgrade should not make that much difference but for me it is quite noticeable. Smiley

Is this correct?

for the 2mb service that i cannot recieve i read the tutorial on here and my stats are

(the first figure is downstream, 2nd is upstream)

SNR Margin (dB): 27.9 21.0
Attenuation (dB): 55.0 29.5
Output Power (dBm): 17.6 12.1
Attainable Rate (Kbps): 5600 904
Rate (Kbps): 1152 288
K (number of bytes in DMT frame): 37 10

as far as I can tell I cannot get 2mb as the attenuation is 55 downstream.

Any thoughts?

thanks
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

line regraded

You are correct and unfortunately at the moment they wont provision you at 2mb because of the downstream loss.
You may be lucky and find that once the exchange has been upgraded and you have the option of selecting your speed on the portal you can try 2mb and see what happens.

I have just set up a new Plusnet customer who is a long way from the exchange and even though we requested 1 mb for the connection, BT have provided at 2 mb.
The loss is 61dB downstream and although it does get sync with the exchange it is far from stable and will probably have to be set back to 1 mb if BT can't find anything wrong with the line.

However the fact that it does connect some of the time does hold out some hope that at 6 dBs lower loss you may just find that yours works.
N/A

line regraded

thanks John.

if i change my filters and it makes a difference of 10db putting me at 45db what happens next?

do i have to ask PN to do something, BT to do something or does it happen automatically?

thanks again.
Community Veteran

line regraded

I would be very surprised if you get a reduction in loss of 10dB by changing the filters.
At the most I would think that you may see 1 or 2dB difference between different makes.
Remember that an alteration of 10dB is a difference in signal level of 10 times and is a very large change.

I think the best thing now is to wait until your exchange has been upraded and then see if it will work at 2mb when we have the ablity to change it from the portal here.

Edit to correct the signal difference of 100 to 10 ( too many 0's )
N/A

line regraded

thank you for you help john.